Resp & Qualifications
Plans, organizes, and manages large scale or complex projects for successful delivery of objectives, on time and within budget. Initiates, engages, and motivates cross-functional teams to deliver results. Identifies and mitigates risk and escalates as needed. Tracks progress and drives documentation to support project needs. Ensures end to end leadership for implementations, integration, business readiness and communications. Primary job function will include leading and facilitating CareFirst Governance meeting. CareFirst Governance is a weekly meeting that brings together cross-functional areas to align on Operational and systems impacts for key initiatives related to coding of products, business policy and our core platforms. This is an Operations-based role and is not IT-specific.
- Lead and facilitate CareFirst Governance meeting. Drive prioritization and progress of key topics impacting Operations and Core Platforms.
- Provides end to end project management support in terms of reporting, project deliverable tracking and documentation. Plans and initiates project resources, prepares budgets, monitors progress, tracks schedules and mitigates risks. Sequences complex initiatives from start to finish.
- Acts as a liaison across all areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress, and completion of projects. Coordinates issues throughout CareFirst, and externally when necessary, to promote accurately represented information.
- Provides direction and motivation to project teams in a matrixed environment. Drives outcomes by fostering a collaborative culture. Manages relationships with key stakeholders, including management and vendors. Leads the execution of the project.
- Evaluates implications of existing or proposed projects, programs, processes, and policies/regulations through the use of critical and creative thinking and recommends improvements.
- Performs mid-level advisory consulting work and provides strategic focus. Effectively conveys the big picture and alignment with corporate goals.
- Synthesizes complex topics and project statuses into executive level presentations and influences decision making. Effectively communicates with all levels of the organization. Liaisons with IT and translates business needs into technology related action plans.
Leads a team utilizing a matrix management system.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years as a project manager or experience as a team lead managing large-scale projects and budgets.
- Operations Experience in Core Platform, Facets, NASCO, Configuration or Claims.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum projects, methods, and principles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Project planning and life cycle development.
- Ability to engage staff at project start-up and plans roll-off of staff at project end.
- Effective understanding of how functions integrate within the division and the strategic concept behind the corporate goals.
- Ability to synthesize large complex data and analysis into clear, concise, executive level presentations that allow for rapid grasp of business problem or opportunity and understanding of feasible solutions.
- Stakeholder management and facilitation, including conducting high-level status meetings with executives.
- Ability to establish working relationships and influence/persuade across all levels of leadership including C-Suite.
- Ability to identify and shepherd strategic opportunities that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging. The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes them ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs. Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Business Integration & Project
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship.