/ Job Search
/ Principal Enterprise Architect (Remote)
Resp & Qualifications
The Principal Enterprise Cloud Security Architect is a domain expert applying broad technical skills, with deep industry knowledge and business acumen, leading technical solutions that promote business strategy goals by driving security digital transformation, cloud security adoption, and working with CareFirst CISO and Chief Architect to establish cloud governance. The Enterprise Cloud Security Architect is a subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business capability planning, Cloud Security Operations, Cyber Security, Zero Trust, Security solution architecture, integration, data and information, cloud platforms, mobile, and analytics. With a strong blend of leadership and technical skills, the Enterprise Cloud Architect uses a consultative approach to drive the planning, designing, development, and application of cloud security architecture to achieve business strategies and transformations. He/She possesses a broad understanding of the enterprise, the business, current capabilities and future needs, business initiatives and healthcare/technology industry trends. He/She provides counsel to senior leadership and teams. He/She will provide direct support in various cloud architecture, security, and operational aspects to the Cloud Council and Cloud Engineering and Enablement (CEE) members to support the CareFirst Cloud Operations Model.
The Principal Enterprise Cloud Architect performs:
- Strategy Development: He/She provides thought leadership in the development and execution of enterprise and domain-specific IT strategies, standards, and guidelines. The Enterprise Cloud Security Architect engages in business strategy development to identify new business capability and technology-driven opportunities to ensure alignment with a cloud-first strategy. He/She defines operating models to exploit new capabilities, automation, and standardization and support due diligence on merger, acquisition, strategic partnership, and investment activities of the enterprise.
- Cloud Practice Development: He/She leads the development, tailoring, and enhancement of cloud frameworks, methods, and tools to ensure the alignment and integration of cloud processes and deliverables with those of other architecture and SDLC disciplines. He/She leads the development of Cloud security transformation communications and education materiel for use with business and technical stakeholders or partners. He/she supports the creation of cloud economic, forecasting, and efficiency models. He/she prepares and publishes formal architecture documents, produces architecture development plans and reports, and presents staff actions to stakeholder (e.g., white papers, briefings).
- Architecture Development: He/she provides oversight and leadership for development, review, approval, and maintenance of cloud architecture blueprints and roadmap – specifically the cloud migration program. He/she analyzes pain points and opportunities that transcend business areas and propose enterprise strategies or solutions. He/she ensures the quality of reusable architecture patterns and reference models that directly support the engineering, automation, and instrumentation processes.
- Architecture Governance: He/She provide thought leadership in solution architecture, peer reviews, and architecture governance forums to push the thinking and cloud utilization opportunity. He/she ensures that IT portfolio decisions provide business value and optimize total cost of ownership.
- Solution Assessment: He/she represents cloud security architecture in the identification and evaluation of solution alternatives, including the drafting and/or review of strategic RFIs/RFPs and the evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Planning and Operations: He/she assesses projects for cloud impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture. He/she provide regular reporting on cloud migration progress, issues, and consumption forecasts.
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and have 10+ years of Enterprise Solution Architecture experience OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, a successful candidate possesses an additional 4 years of professional experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proficient understanding of the architectural principles of cloud-based platforms including SaaS, PaaS, multitenancy, multi-tiered infrastructure, etc. Proficient experience with Microsoft Azure and AWS preferred.
- Good understanding of all cloud offerings in the market and ability to discuss cloud architectures with multiple audiences with different levels of understanding.
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments as well as common ECA topics such as process orchestration, BPM, CEP, MDM, etc.
- Good understanding of the security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications. Familiarity with principles of network, application and information security.
- Good understanding of enterprise application integration technologies as well as common topics such as persona-based journeys, process orchestration, master data management, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Good understanding of DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, test automation, environment and configuration automation, etc. Related software engineering experience, mobile development, modern frameworks, etc. is required.
- Familiar with Industry or vertical solutions or SaaS is a plus.
- Familiar with relevant (regional, market, industry) data privacy and compliance requirements.
- Familiar with design thinking and similar principles is a plus.
Department: EAR Architecture and Planning
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship