Resp & Qualifications
Candidates must live in MD, DC, VA area in order to travel frequently into the offices.
This role is responsible for growing Specialty Markets line of business revenue and profitability by developing and executing on strategies and tactical initiatives in collaboration with internal constituents and external partners. This role actively identifies and pursues new market growth opportunities and works collaboratively to retain existing business.
- Leads the development and execution of comprehensive strategies focusing on the Specialty business marketplace to ensure CareFirst has market leading products, strong preferred commercial vendor relationships and operational excellence to support future growth.
- Responsible for identification of sales opportunities, partnering with the medical sales organization, recognizing potential leads/opportunities, and closing the sale either directly with the group, broker or consultant or in partnership with the medical sales lead.
- Identifies, aggressively seeks and obtains new business; as well as, supporting renewal activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships at multiple levels with clients, consultants, brokers, administrators and other Blues plans using consultative skills and analysis of account needs or service requirements and identifies sales opportunities.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, promotion, and development. Provides ongoing direction, feedback and coaching to functional area partners, like marketing and claims management and staff on strategy, vision, goals, priorities, projects, and individual performance and development.
- Provides leadership in product life cycle management to push CareFirst towards transformation and innovation.
- Develops processes to continually improve efficiencies in the marketing, quoting, sales, claims administration, reporting management and management of the specialty business.
- In conjunction with the Vendor Management team, continually analyze and audit partner relationships to ensure performance agreements and service level agreement are being met. Periodically lead market checks and RFPs to ensure CareFirst maintains competitive relationships and pricing.
- Responsible for the compilation, review and analysis of data, as well as the creation of strategy documentation, action plans and their execution for specialty sales related activities.
- Leads cross-functional meetings and interactions to ensure successful partnerships which includes profitable growth, innovative product development, operational excellence and high levels sales/account support.
- Ensures operational readiness, both internally and with external partners, for successful and ongoing management of the specialty business.
This position manages people.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- Current health and life license for any of the Mid-Atlantic jurisdictions Upon Hire Required.
Experience: 8 years marketing, underwriting and/or claims experience with an emphasis on strategic and consultative selling. 3 years management experience.
- Graduate degree in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in specialty in a similar role with a commercial carrier.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Thorough knowledge of the specialty business and industry.
- Thorough understanding of the broker/administrator roles, systems and compensation agreements.
- Understanding of underwriting structures and principles.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build rapport and strong working relationships with both internal and external customers and to successfully interact
- with all levels of personnel, top brokers, administrators and accounts throughout the region.
- Proven stop loss underwriting marketing and claims expertise.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $123,440 - $229,136 (salaries are based on experience, education & internal equity)
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Business Initiatives & Operati
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship