Resp & Qualifications
This position is responsible for the all activities related to investment accounting and provides ongoing financial reporting support to Senior Management to facilitate an understanding of the organization's financial performance in order to make informed business decisions. Contributes to other special projects as assigned, including support of acquisition and divestiture activities.
- Direct the preparation of financial statements for CFI consolidated monthly. Consolidation and reporting for CFI. Perform analysis required to support financial results presentation to both Senior Management and the Board of Directors with particular emphasis on actual versus plan/target results. Work directly with the CFO and Vice President/Controller on high level financial presentations.
- Manage preparation of year-end and financial statements and footnotes, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (STAT), that account for the accumulation of subsidiary trial balances and intercompany eliminations, ensuring that all transactions and associated documentation is current, accurate, and that the presentation adheres to GAAP and STAT industry standards, produced in a timely manner. Act as liaison with external auditors, external insurance department examiners, other groups within finance, and insurance department analysts.
- Direct analysis and research in response to senior management requests related to the profitability of specific operations, including analysis of products and markets. Communicate findings to senior management through written and oral presentations. Respond to other special project and ad-hoc requests such as the S&P presentation, market analysis, productivity analysis, development and monitoring of performance indicators, forecasting, etc.
- Direct the quarterly and annual preparation and submission of statutory reporting, ensuring that the submission adheres to statutory accounting practices as legally applied by the various States and is complete with supporting information and account analysis and is prepared for submission in a timely manner. Manage preparation of the year-end Risk Based Capital reports.
- Manage departmental staff through goal setting, guidance, support, coaching, and feedback consistent with CareFirst HR policies and practices. Prioritizes and assigns goals and projects; resolves employee issues and provides developmental opportunities. Produce and manage departmental budget.\\
- Identify opportunities and help drive continuous process improvements and innovation within the department.
This position manages people - 1-5
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field OR In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years progressive experience in a financial reporting role and/or public accounting experience,1 year supervisory or demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
Licenses/Certifications; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Pref
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proficient in financial analysis software (i.e., Oracle E-Business Suite Financials).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to present issues and conclusions to a diverse audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team-oriented perspective and able to deal effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Multi-tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities and requirements in a rapidly evolving organization.
- Ability to plan/assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Advanced analytical and financial modeling skills, with exceptional in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $112,160 - $208,197
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
(Office of the CAO)
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship