Resp & Qualifications
Champions customer centricity throughout the Company and adds value to the business by helping stakeholders to align initiatives with market needs and opportunities. Leads project teams throughout all phases of market research and insights-based consulting engagements, including delegating tasks to team members. The incumbent works independently and with minimal oversight to apply innovative market research practices that enable internal clients (business owners) to make informed decisions about their products and services. Develops and applies rigorous analytic methods, purposeful insights, and provides exceptional client service to help internal clients understand their market and competitive positioning. Builds relationships and influences decision makers. Makes recommendations for strategic initiatives to drive growth, innovation, and expansion into new markets. This position supports CareFirst's Health Services stakeholders. Health care or public health content expertise a plus.
- Work end to end with business teams to define new strategies. Work with executive level clients to define objectives, craft research method, work with vendor to collect data and prepare results, share the datas story and drive business teams to finalize recommendations that address issues or opportunities uncovered in the research. Consult with senior leadership-level clients directly to determine the appropriate methods and techniques necessary to provide the strategic direction the client seeks. Design large-scale, statistically sound research projects, applying industry best practices. Implement and manage high quality qualitative or quantitative primary market research studies. This includes developing the analysis plans and designing questionnaires
- Conduct detailed analyses and produce reports, presentations and multi-media deliverables summarizing the findings of the analyses. Analyze results across studies and find areas of opportunity at a strategic level. Champion the voice of the customer across the organization. Assess the strategic and tactical implications of each set of findings and make recommendations for corrective actions to leadership as necessary. Autonomously present research findings company wide via written reports and oral presentations to corporate staff, including Marketing staff and executive-level clients. Build relationships within client Divisions and influence key decision makers.
- Provide ongoing oversight of a project team of consultants from various research vendors being used to collect data for primary research projects. Clearly define research objectives, work jointly to resolve any unforeseen problems and to assist project team in managing multiple priorities. Autonomously lead projects from inception to successful conclusion. Coach Analysts, contractors, and interns regarding analysis and reporting skills. Research and recommend new vendors and new tools to bring fresh insights or added efficiency to the team.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 8 years experience in a market research role, including experience with primary research.
- Masters degree in Business, Market Research, or other quantitative discipline preferred.
- Health care or public health content expertise a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge and understanding of business operations and marketing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong aptitude for delivering dynamic, engaging, and professional telephone and in-person presentations to stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work both on a team and independently.
- Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with data and conducting analyses using statistical packages, databases and spreadsheets.
- Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to quickly and creatively analyze quantitative and qualitative information related to health industry trends, products, customer feedback, and internal performance; make strategy recommendations; and make timely decisions in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to build rapport and strong working relationships with both internal and external.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide actionable insights from data.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex issues and findings in writing and orally to both executive and peer audiences.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, such as web advertising, performance, and direct response marketing.
- Proficiency in computer programs, such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, and publishing applications.
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and mange a variety of task simultaneously often under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by analyzing consumer requirements, markets; competitor market share, and competitor strengths and weaknesses to drive value proposition development.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts and controversial findings clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Excellent skills in market research and data analysis.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers.
Salary Range: $86,616 - $172,029
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Customer Experience & Insight
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship