Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Risk Analyst is responsible for supporting the Operational Resilience team in developing and implementing all key program components of a business continuity/ operational resilience framework for CareFirst including without limitation: Governance, Scenario Development/ Testing, Crisis Management, Education & Awareness.
- Collaborate with the business and functions to develop business continuity plans, analyze business continuity data to identify major gaps and opportunities for better operational resilience strategies, and support business operations before, during, and after an incident. Lead periodic updates to business continuity plans including facilitating preparing business impact assessments in conjunction with the business and IT.
- Coordinate with senior leadership to design and implement governance around business continuity activities; prepare and deliver training to key internal stakeholders related to BCP practices, approach, and resources. Evaluate and monitor key operational activities to ensure the organization is compliant with business continuity and emergency preparedness legislations and requirements.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop risk tolerance levels and recovery objectives for operational resiliency and coordinate with key business and IT stakeholders to design, maintain, and test incident response plans and playbooks.
- Contribute to facilitating tabletop exercises and live scenario exercises to test continuity plans, strengthen incident response, and support Crisis Management response team during significant disruption events.
- Regularly update the Business Continuity Policy and Standards documents to reflect the current program plans and business operating processes and collaborate with the TPRM Oversight team to assess the BCP plans for key operational third-party vendors.
- Develop and lead the resiliency program reporting cadence with KPIs detailing program compliance, vulnerabilities, and performance.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years in Business Continuity recovery planning, program development and execution, as well as Disaster Recovery experience.
- Background in operational resiliency and disaster recovery.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with management, peers, and customers.
- Experience with evaluating scenarios to ensure it captures existing and expected risks, while aligning function priorities against scenarios.
- Experience in Healthcare is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to successfully management multiple priorities, strong time management, and prioritization skills.
- Dependable, highly motivated and a team player.
- Ability to remain focused and composed under pressure; demonstrate resilience positivity, and effective communication when faced with setbacks and changes.
- An analytical mind and a passion/interest in bringing new ideas to increase efficiency of processes.
- Good judgement in terms of escalating issues vs. solving problems independently.
- Willingness to take on new projects and learn new skills.
- Ability to extract meaningful information from extensive research and analysis to effectively present facts and findings in a digestible format with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Excelled written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $74,664 - $148,291
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Business Continuity and Crisis
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship