Resp & Qualifications
The Manager of CareFirst's Operational Resilience program is responsible for developing and implementing all key program components of a business continuity/ operational resilience framework for CareFirst including without limitation: Governance, Scenario Development/ Testing, Crisis Management, Education & Awareness. The manager will lead a team responsible for business continuity and enterprise crisis response strategy and planning, including the advancement of program maturity and exercise strategy.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with business continuity and emergency preparedness legislations and requirements; regularly update the Business Continuity Policy and Standards documents to reflect the current program plans and business operating processes; design and lead the resiliency program reporting cadence with KPIs detailing program compliance, vulnerabilities, and performance. Plan and lead tabletop exercises and live scenario exercises to test continuity plans and strengthen incident response.
- Lead and coordinate periodic test exercises of the approved plans, in partnership with the business and technology team; partner with the liaisons to support business operations before, during, and after an incident. Collaborate with IT Operational Resilience Lead for coordination and efficient of robust business continuity efforts across the group.
- Develop BIA assessment approach and response plan methodologies that incorporate both traditional and extended outage scenarios and alternative operational plans; lead periodic updates to business continuity plans including facilitating preparing business impact assessments in conjunction with the business and IT.
- Design and complete maturity assessment of the current state Business Continuity Program and identify gaps and provide recommendations to enhance the business resiliency program. Utilize the assessment to develop a multi-year program plan and approach.
- Analyze business continuity data to identify major gaps and opportunities for better operational resilience strategies; influence and drive senior leadership to develop and implement plans.
- Automate and enhance software (FUSION) and tools for Business Operational Resiliency.
- Support primary point of contact for senior management and facilitating responses of multi-disciplinary teams during significant disruption events; provide 24*7 support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with the TPRM Oversight team to develop a strategy and approach for identifying key operational third-party vendors and assess their BCP plans; building and maintain partnerships with outside business continuity professional organizations and local/regional emergency response groups that participate in business continuity, disaster recover, and emergency management.
This position manages people.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 5 years of experience in Business Continuity recovery planning, program development and execution, as well as Disaster Recovery experience.
- 1 year of experience in progressive team leadership.
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects.
- Proven capacity to be a change agent with the ability to effectively and respectfully influence the actions and opinions of others at all levels of an organization, including executive management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively with management, peers, and customers.
- Experience with evaluating scenarios to ensure it captures existing and expected risks, while aligning function priorities against scenarios.
- Experience in Healthcare is preferred.
- Project/ Program Management certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to successfully management multiple priorities and competing demands, strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Dependable, highly motivated and a team player.
- Ability to remain focused and composed under pressure; demonstrate resilience positivity, and effective communication when faced with setbacks and changes.
- An analytical mind and a passion/interest in bringing new ideas to increase efficiency of processes.
- Good judgement in terms of escalating issues vs. solving problems independently.
- Willingness to take on new projects and learn new skills.
- Ability to extract meaningful information from extensive research and analysis to effectively present facts and findings in a digestible format with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $110,160 - $204,484
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Business Continuity and Crisis
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship