Resp & Qualifications
Executes medium to complex sourcing projects, from start to finish. This role will rationalize the supply base through strategic sourcing, lead cross-functional team to achieve optimal total cost of ownership, identify cost savings opportunities across the company, support overall supply requirements and ensure an effective spend analysis for assigned category.
- Provides sourcing services (RFx, reverse auctions, negotiations) to clients based on predefined service levels, managing 5-12 simple to complex projects simultaneously with limited supervision/guidance or independently. Executes sourcing strategy by leading formal sourcing processes including stakeholder engagement, RFP processes and contract negotiations.
- Assists in the development of category sourcing strategy leading cross-functional teams to execute the sourcing strategy. Partners with customer groups to establish specifications for assigned commodity categories. Performs market analysis, benchmark analysis and spend analysis for assigned commodity categories.
- Assists in ensuring realized savings ties back to departmental and/or customer budgets. Maintains and supports expenditure controls and alignment with the companys and departments budget and fiduciary requirements. Supports and improves supply base development programs (e.g., supplier diversity, local economic development, green sustainability programs). Ensures compliance with operational requirements, internal controls and regulations. Establishes optimal buying channel/ordering process aligned to category strategy utilizing technology aligned with overall procurement strategy.
- Partners with business units and legal team in the negotiation of contracts and agreements, including Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Assists and consults with the business partners to create Service Level Agreements to effectively measure and manage supplier performance.
- Assists in the development of commercial strategies for sourcing to meet present and future supply requirements by applying advanced knowledge of purchasing principles, contract law, and commodities. Continually searches out new sourcing opportunities to implement as needed to maintain competitive advantage. Assists in the development and management of the corporate wide, programs, policies, and procedures that support the Company Supplier Diversity strategy.
Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M) Preferred.
Experience: 5 years strategic sourcing experience.
- Ability to track technology trends.
- Knowledge of the FAR.
- Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
- Demonstrated Success in leading project teams to achieving quantifiable savings by applying sourcing methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to negotiate internally and externally to achieve required objectives and executes and implement contracts.
- Strong customer focus and ability to drive change.
- Knowledge of sourcing systems and preferable e-sourcing technology.
- Ability to extract data and summarize key elements to focus on.
- Knowledge of contract law, government policies and regulations for the food and drug industry.
- Strong meeting management and facilitation skills, while being self-motivated.
- Effective presentation and analytical skills to interface with multiple levels of management.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $71,064 - $141,141
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Procurement & Vendor Managemen
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship