Resp & Qualifications
The Network Engineer is responsible for the design, availability, performance, security, capacity planning, and license management of the CareFirst Network & Firewalls Infrastructure. Candidate requires understanding and oversight of multi-cloud (Azure/AWS) connectivity with primary and secondary data centers. Position requires the necessary experience and technical skills to oversee the installation, configuration and support of the network hardware, firewall security and supporting software. It requires understanding and oversight of multi-cloud connectivity with primary and secondary data centers.
Candidate requires strong troubleshooting and effective communication skills to extend beyond the Network Engineering team to collaborate with other technical teams, clients and vendors on complex infrastructure designs and difficult troubleshooting. It also requires the ability to multi-task effectively, supporting multiple products, running projects, and troubleshooting seamlessly.
- The Network Engineering infrastructure supports five thousand internal business clients, four million members, and sixty thousand providers across 20 CareFirst locations.
- Responsible for support of infrastructure used for business mission critical applications including Claims Processing, Enrollment, Financial and Portal websites and 250+ other applications.
- Engineer is accountable for departmental results and ensuring 99.99% availability for all systems, 7x24x365. Responsible for point of on-call escalation and emergency support.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 and cloud based (Azure and AWS) load balancing platforms.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of the various cloud connectivity platforms (i.e., Microsoft ExpressRoute and AWS Direct Connect).
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with the various Palo Alto firewall platforms. This includes the Palo Alto Panorama and Prisma platforms.
- Experience with software maintenance and major code upgrades on Cisco, Palo Alto and F5 platforms. This also includes the ability to adapt to on demand emergency security patching.
- Deep knowledge and experience with SNMP, NetFlow and Syslog tools.
- Complex troubleshooting skills within an enterprise-wide network. Especially in high pressure situations.
- Accurately account for hardware and software licenses on many different hardware and software systems. There should be no material discrepancies during vendor software audits.
- Responsible for the enterprises cloud platforms and connectivity options. Includes AWS Direct Connect, Microsoft O365 and Azure ExpressRoute products.
- Responsible for the enterprises telephony networking connectivity platforms. Includes Verizon VoIP SIP trunking, NICE Call Center as a Service and Unified Communications platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
- Responsible for the network monitoring and troubleshooting. Includes the following platforms: SolarWinds, AppNeta PathView, Opengear out of band access, Netscout and Iota packet capture, IXIA IxChariot and packet broker taps.
- Responsible for supporting the enterprises business resumption and disaster recovery strategies.
- Manage the SDWAN contract with the current Managed Service Provider and 3rd party consultants.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
- 5 years software, hardware and/or systems engineering related experience.
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects and to deliver projects on time and on budget. Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required with multiple infrastructure groups.
- Position requires experience with Network technology: LAN, WAN, SAN, switches, and routers. Candidate needs experience managing, troubleshooting hardware/software problems. Experience managing circuit procurement and management with large Telecom provides. Requires experience managing cloud network connectivity. Implementation and management of SD-WAN. Experience using network monitoring tools i.e. Solarwinds, Appneta, DataDog, Dynatrace, etc.
- Active Palo alto certification is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of programming languages and web based technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to collaborate to solve technical problems across teams.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to teach, develop, and motivate others.
- Be able to generate and delivery clear and detailed written and verbal communication skills.
- Solve problems using excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess the ability to understand the customer and delivery outstanding customer support.
- Extensive office productivity software skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, EXCEL, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Salary Range: $91,512 - $181,753
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Data Network Engineering
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship