Resp & Qualifications
Performs complex analysis, design, development, automated unit and integration testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems. Works with end-users and project stakeholders to define system scope and objectives. Manages modifications to and maintenance of operational programs and procedures. Leads stakeholder and product owner meetings to define software requirements and creates highly complex systems. Acts as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of multiple applications. Performs and leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing of new applications and enhancements of existing applications. Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Deliver large systems for tens of thousands of users. Ensures compliance to the dev/sec/ops practices and policies. Understanding of architectural practices and design.
- Identifies gaps in requirements and solves problems for the supporting staff. Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project. Leads the evaluation of risk and opportunity impacts to existing or proposed projects/programs and implements risk mitigation actions. Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis.
- Supports the Project Manager as the technical team lead on the project. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers. Confers with clients to identify requirements and determine desired outcomes to formulate the design of the system or offer alternatives. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features.
- Leads software design and development teams. Identifies, analyzes, defines, and coordinates user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translates them into technical requirements. Manages technical resources (hardware, software, licenses, and services). Plans and leads transformation initiatives to new software architectures. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Ensure code quality, deployment standards and practices. Mentoring junior developers.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years Software design and development, software test and evaluation, software requirements management.
- Experience developing 12-factor microservices while utilizing Continuous Integration, Build, and Delivery with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud.
- Experience with Spring related technologies such as Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, and Spring Integration.
- Experience in developing REST and SOAP APIs.
- Experience in designing and implementing container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes.
- Competency writing basic SQL queries. Oracle, Postgres experience and experience in NOSQL like Mongodb, Cassandra.
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure-as-a-service technologies AWS, Azure Cloud and their corresponding services.
- Experience with the Log Management Platforms like Elastic/ELK stack, Splunk, Azure Monitor.
- Experience in writing automation scripts using Postman & newman Collection for API/Microservices testing.
- Experience in writing automation scripts test suites in using Cucumber, TestNG, Rest Assured.
- Hands on Experience with JSON, XML data formats.
- Experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Ability to lead in an Agile environment.
- Experience in production support that has high visibility/SLA's.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues.
- Experience with Git workflow of release management and Project Tracking Systems (e.g., Bitbucket, Jira).
- Proficiency in Swagger/OpenAPI Specification Knowledge and experience with designing API's based on Domain/Entity driven models.
- Working Experience with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Service Mesh and Containers.
- Experience with OAuth Security patterns and Implementations.
- Experience working in Apache Kafka/Confluent platform including Kafka consumer, Kafka Streams.
- Experience working spring Batch and scheduler/task.
- Experience with API proxy platforms like Apigee.
- Experience with Kibana and Splunk Dashboarding.
- Working with Maven and Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory.
- Proficiency Microservices multi-threading, Concurrency and parallel processing.
- Experience working in UNIX environment and writing Shell scripts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities(KSAs)
- Works closely with Architects, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Value Stream Managers to provide insight into delivering business value and meeting objectives.
- Decomposes functional and technical requirements into project activities and tasks and provides conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution.
- Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies; introduces and recommends industry best practices and standards for the project.
- Evaluates and assists in the selection and procurement of hardware and software technologies and serves as a mentor for junior developers.
- Works with stakeholders as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define constraints and develop requirements and concept of operations documentation., Expert in cloud technologies ( e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines, Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests.
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework.
- Experience with deploying a global application and configuration management.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Salary Range: $91,512 - $181,753
Salary Range Disclaimer
The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the work is being performed. This compensation range is specific and considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilites of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, internal peer equity, and market and business consideration. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at the top of the range, as compensation decisions depend on each case's facts and circumstances, including but not limited to experience, internal equity, and location. In addition to your compensation, CareFirst offers a comprehensive benefits package, various incentive programs/plans, and 401k contribution programs/plans (all benefits/incentives are subject to eligibility requirements).
Integration - Software Product
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship