Resp & Qualifications
Under the supervision of Manager of Information Security, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as primary or secondary contributor on any and all efforts in the development, coordination, troubleshooting of all FEPOC enterprise network security systems and/or implementation of appropriate rulesets and configurations for all firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection systems, routers and switches; coordinates with change control and environment management teams at FEPOC and CareFirst network and security teams; upgrades and routine maintenance; troubleshooting support; performance monitoring; provides support and maintenance for networks at offices, data center, and DR sites.
- Participate in design efforts for network security related portions of new applications along with application development areas and the network design for disaster recovery efforts; supports troubleshooting application issues related to network security; and assist with managing vendor relationships for network and security tools.
- Assist in research, design, and implementation of solutions involving data encryption, data masking, secure file transfers, and data leakage prevention. Supports new initiatives related to HIPAA and other mandates.
- Develop subject matter expertise for network security-related technologies. At a Senior level, mentor and train new Associates and Contractors on FEPOC network security technologies and operating procedures. Facilitate communication between all key IT groups and the customer community on network security-related items. Represents IATS Department and FEPOC and participates in CareFirst, BCBSA, and Local Blue Plan Network Security endeavors.
Required: College Degree in an Information Security or Technology related field or equivalent experience plus 2 or more years hands-on experience in the network security discipline. The incumbent will possess a knowledge of information security and networking concepts, information security policies and system architecture concepts. The incumbent should have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Network and Information Security tools in a large, complex, multi-platform environment.
- Expertise in the deployment and management of one or more of the following: ForeScout, FireEye, SourceFire, InfoBlox, CarbonBlack, ProofPoint, StealthBits.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate on projects and tasks in line with department and company goals and objectives;
- With oversight by more-senior associates, ability to self direct and work independently;
- Ability to keep associates motivated and interested in their responsibilities and opportunities;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the capabilities and functionality of Cisco network switches, routers, wireless LAN and VPN concentrators; firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, network packet analysers (sniffers) and/or network access control systems;
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills;
- Ability to read sniffer traces and firewall configurations.
Preferred knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Unix, Windows, and Mainframe (TSO, CICS) environments and their related security capabilities and functions.
- Ability to readily understand and apply appropriate security and networking policies and procedures.
This position will require twenty four by seven support responsibilities. Incumbents will need to travel among CareFirst’s Corporate locations.
Department: Network & Security Operations
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/16/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship