Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under limited direction from the IT Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Drive the implementation of technical solutions through all phases of development. Leverage technical expertise to confidently contribute to virtually any activity within a project. Spearhead the resolution of technical problems and issues encountered during a project life-cycle. Engages corporate affiliates and accounts, outside vendors, and other BCBS plans as necessary.
2. Assess the technical feasibility of software solutions. Provide consulting services to both business areas and IT by analyzing both custom and package solutions to determine their viability.
3. Sustain a very high level of technical and business knowledge. Maintain a thorough understanding of emerging technologies and how they may be leveraged to advance CareFirst strategies, goals, and objectives. Analyze trends within the insurance and healthcare industries and anticipate the demands they will have on the Information Technology department at CareFirst.
4. Colaborate with clients on the development and documentation of business requirements. Leverage subject matter expertise to ensure that the final requirements are of high quality, thorough, and complete.
5. Provides oversight on the project plan with a primary focus on the more technical assignments. Coordinate the work across a team of IT professionals. Colaborate with other leaders on the project to ensure the work is being completed timely and the project remains on schedule.
7. Evaluate job candidates and contribute to hiring decisions. Provide ongoing mentoring to staff .
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience plus a mandatory 8 or more years of prior data processing experience with at least 5 of those 8 years in actual programming. Project management experience must have been demonstrated. Experience in detailed system architecture design must have been demonstrated.
Depending on the area of IT, any of the following may be required:
CICS COBOL, COBOL, DB2, REXX, ChangeMan ZMF, Mainframe Source Code Management packages, JCL, SMTP
Stored Procedures, VSAM
J2EE Webservices, J2EE, J2EE/EJB
MQ, MQ Series, MS SQL server 2005
Oracle 10g, Oracle, SQL
PEGA Rules Process Commander
Sun JRE 1.4.2
Tivoli Directory Integrator
Preferred: College or Masters Degree. Business knowledge and software applicable to the application area is desirable. Additionally, experience in leadership of medium/large projects is desirable. CareFirst or other health insurance experience is a plus.
Department: Configuration & Business Solution
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/18/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. Manual and visual skills are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently communicate orally and in writing. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs. Travel among CareFirst sites maybe required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship