Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager, Server and Virtualization Infrastructure the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Server/Virtualization Infrastructure Management
This position's primary responsibility is to provide manage, support, maintain availability, performance and security of the server infrastructure, tasks including:
- Implement and support systems that meet or exceed SLA for server availability.
- Implement proactive monitoring of the physical and virtual infrastructure and implement automated resolution tasks.
- Install, configure, patch firmware, and perform troubleshooting of x86 & P-series hardware.
- Maintain and administer virtualization software: VMware vSphere and IBM PowerVM.
- Maintain and administer virtualization management software VMware vSphere, vRealize, and vCOPs
- Provide management and troubleshooting of operating systems including Windows, Linux and AIX.
- Maintain and administer remote desktop technology VMware View and Citrix Infrastructure.
- Maintain DNS infrastructure with Infoblox technology.
- Maintain tight security controls so only authorized access to systems
- Monitor for current security deficits and implement automated patch management using IBM Endpoint Manager, Red Hat Satellite and SCCM
- Active Directory and Kerberos expertise for access management
- Virus Protection, firewall support and network segmentation expertise
- Ensure hardware and software configurations are performance tuned to provide maximum performance to applications.
- Work with developers to tune their application code
- Review automated capacity reports and take appropriate action if necessary
- Use available resources to research, resolve and/or recommend solutions for the most complex and critical systems.
- Implement Disaster Recovery Strategy between primary Data Center and Disaster Recovery Site.
- Provide support for Enterprise applications such as Oracle, SqlServer WebSphere, TIBCO, HTTP/IHS, DB2 and Dynatrace.
- Provide 24x7 on call support for infrastructure and enterprise software.
- Adhere to standard Service Level Agreements (SLA) for day-to-day support. Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers, both internal and external. Exhibit poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
Process and Technical Improvements and Automation
- Implement process and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation enhancing and standardizing the support of the x86/VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure that servers comply with established policies, standards, licensing agreements and configuration guidelines.
- Use VMware vRealize, IBM End Point Manager (IEM) to automate repetitive administrative tasks.
Project Management & Presentation skills
Provide project management over the technical aspects of implementing infrastructure projects and major release upgrades for CareFirst’s largest, most complex and critical systems.
- Properly follow a project life cycle
- Develop project plans
- Complete all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain resolution within the established timeframes
- Provide input to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the company
- Complete project work within budget constraints, if they exist
- Review or manage subcontractor and vendor evaluation studies pertaining to the IT organization, IT Infrastructure and Architectures.
- Stay current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge administering Windows servers, 4+ years of progressive experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience managing x86 hardware.
- Strong knowledge in VMware virtualization technology and supporting software products. Software includes VMware vSphere, View, vRealize, vCOPs.
- Experience implementing and administrating an enterprise class virtualization infrastructure.
- Experience and strong working knowledge with various Microsoft applications such as SCOM and SQL with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and analyze problems.
- Microsoft certifications include but are not limited to: MCSE or MCSA is a plus.
- Supporting and administering Active Directory domain services, including ability to troubleshoot complex replication and authentication issues.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with strong analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills complimenting a passion for learning/sharing information from and with peers.
- Must be able to work 24x7 an on-call shift and have the ability to travel.
- VMware certifications VCP- Datacenter Virtualization
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Internal applicants: Please visit PeopleSoft/Employee Self Service/CareFirst Careers
Please apply before: 7/25/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that much be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship