Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of Healthcare Analytics Director, the principal duties and responsibilities of the Business Information Analyst Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages and leads the Business Information Analyst team to create enterprise business intelligence solutions
- Manage requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation processes to capture business and end user needs.
- Ensures timely delivery of requirements and design documents in line with project milestones
- Identifies and resolves gaps in skills, processes, and resources
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, mentors, and monitors progress of the team
- Works with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements
- Develops guidelines for capturing business requirements
- Analyzes data to drive business insight and identify opportunities
- Promotes new technology opportunities and trends to business partners
- Supports enterprise digital strategy and organizational change
- Prioritize needs within and across projects based on business impact.
- Support business case creation.
- Communicate solution tradeoffs to business partners to frame and influence project decisions.
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities.
- Promote usability standards and design solutions with a high-quality, effortless UX.
- Proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities
- Managerial duties include budget creation, resource augmentation, relationship building with external teams, and resource allocation
- Creates and sets performance plans for the team aligned to strategic plans
This position will have up to 8 direct reports and additional indirect reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline such as Business, Information Technology, Management, or Information Systems
- Minimum seven years of experience in business analysis
- At least three years of experience in leading a team
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills required to successfully work in a team environment and communicates effectively across a variety of stakeholder groups
- Ability to identify opportunities and transform them into quantifiable and achievable initiatives
- Must be a dynamic and self-starting individual who is able to work independently or as part of a team with minimal guidance and direction
- Must be able to continuously learn new skills to keep abreast of industry trends and state of the art technology
- Must be able to effectively prioritize and assign work in order to meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of an organization
- Must demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and mentoring
- Proven ability to create and document business requirements, business processes, and project plans
- Experience in defining detailed business requirements to support strategic and/or tactical projects
- Must be able to create business cases, operational models, and financial models
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio)
- Experience with healthcare data and systems
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like MicroStrategy is a plus
Department: Health Analytics
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/27/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship