Resp & Qualifications
Manages and coordinates benefit plan implementation for large account customers. Provides focused service from pre-sale consultation through initial post-sale client administration fostering strong, long-term partnerships with customers and consulting community.
- Acts as the single point-of-contact for benefit plan implementation, both internally and externally; Mediates and coordinates resolution of all project deliverables and implementation related issues. Creates work plans and tracks all tasks related to implementation.
- Conducts internal and external implementation meetings.
- Develops and executes implementation strategy consistent with customer expectations; Develops presentations and marketing materials to ease the transition of carriers.
- Ensures strategy is administered in accordance with all performance guarantee arrangements.
- Effectively manages implementation team dynamics and provides direction/coaching to fellow team members ensuring success of the overall implementation process.
- Engages team members to follow-through on their responsibilities and tasks.
- Evaluates impact of customer-requested exceptions and develops reasonable alternatives to satisfy clients’ needs while minimizing impact on systems and operations.
- Identifies, communicates and tracks cost sensitive items not included as part of the standard proposal and highlights them for consideration in the determination of rate adjustments to minimize expense gaps.
- Recommends benefit designs that align with account goals and strategy for new accounts.
- Collaborates on review, analysis and development of recommendations for the design of complex account and benefit structures based on customers’ objectives and systems, administration and reporting requirements.
- May be involved in finalist presentation preparation and attends finalist meetings to review implementation.
- Engagement in process improvement and leader in change management.
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in health insurance/managed care industries. The incumbent should have a thorough knowledge of large group products and an understanding of the Nasco and Facets claims systems. The incumbent must have knowledge of national account health delivery requirements. Must be able to handle large scale projects or be experienced with the skills required to handle Projects and manage multiple tasks/priorities at the same time. Effective Relationship building skills/customer service skills required. Ability to handle/manage in a fast passed changing environment required. Minimum of 3 years of sales support, including client facing experience or equivalent is required.
- Must be able to represent the Account Implementation Department persuasively and articulately in meetings with other Company departments
- Must be flexible with strong negotiating skills; must build towards consensus with a broad range of individuals and Company areas
- Must possess superior organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience in industry best practices for project management (including resource estimating, tracking, and metrics), business/systems analysis, and software testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to negotiate and manage customer relationships and expectations
- Extensive Personal Computer (PC) skills including Microsoft Office software such as Word, EXCEL, MS Project and PowerPoint
- Broad knowledge of CareFirst organization and operations.
- Experience with software tools used by the department.
- A current health and life license for the appropriate jurisdiction(s) is preferred.
Department: Large Group Account Implementation
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/25/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship