Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Real Estate & Vendor/Project Management accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Contracts & Procurement Management
- Provide coordination of the contract management process in support of CS&RE functions
- Serve as the key liaison and interface with SS&P
- Develop and maintain an enhanced database of all contracts and vendors in CS&RE
- Ensure that business owners within CS&RE take timely action to renew and competitively bid contracts prior to contract expiration.
- Assist Business Owners with creating, maintaining and storing supporting documentation related to the procurement process including, but not limited to:
- Executive Summaries (Contracts and Projects)
- Risk Control Matrices
- Sole & Single Source Justifications
- Requests for Information
- Requests for Proposals
- Purchase Requests
- Sourcing Requests
- Work collaboratively with Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (SS&P) to manage the sourcing function by identifying, interviewing and prequalifying vendors.
- Work in partnership with CS&RE management and SS&P to develop customized procurement strategies to strengthen the vendor selection and contracting process
- Support the CS&RE management team in developing Statements of Work that clearly define business requirements to be reflected in Requests for Proposals
- Create and refine a process and document workflow for procurement activities
- Produce routine and ad-hoc reports for senior management.
- Enforce CareFirst Finance and Procurement Policies by ensuring that CS&RE complies with all corporate policies related to Purchasing and Expense Authorization.
Vendor & Contract Spend Analysis
- Report upon the actual expenses incurred with contract vendors in CS&RE especially costs incurred against approved Executive Summaries.
- Perform routine evaluation of contract cost and expenditure approval status in compliance with company policies (in particular policy FIN.09)
- Conduct spending analysis of vendor spend against budget, expenditure approval and contract limits.
- Work with business owners to develop strong and measurable performance indicators for key vendors and embed within contracts
- Develop tools and methods to measure vendor performance against performance standards.
- Work with business owners to ensure that vendors have achieved performance standards and notify vendors that have not complied while managing a corrective action plan to address performance issues.
- Routinely rate and measure vendor quality and satisfaction of end users.
Trading Partner Review
- Participate actively in the Trading Partner review and assessment process.
- Work with business owners in CS&RE to properly classify vendors and determine the exposure of PHI, PII and other confidential data.
- Respond to requests from other departments and produce reports regarding trading partner activities that result in real or potential exposure to sensitive information
- Performs other duties as assigned including various projects in support of other departments in CS&RE.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Corporate Real Estate, Commercial Real Estate, Purchasing, Corporate Services, Contract Administration, or Finance
- Experience in Contract Management
- Experience in vendor governance and managing vendor relationships
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting legal documents.
- Experience in interpreting business requirements and writing statements of work.
- Experience with Procurement practices and handling various types of contracts, SOWs, amendments and Purchase Orders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to write high quality drafts with minimal turnaround time, and to speak extemporaneously). Ability to interact with multiple levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external customers.
- Excellent ability to organize large projects and manage multiple priorities. Must be self motivated.
- Ability to independently apply principles, theories, concepts and practices to difficult problems and makes recommendations and decisions concerning courses of action.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity in problem solving.
- Individual must be detail oriented with a strong desire to ensure accuracy of reports and information.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent PC skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to travel to various CareFirst locations and vendor locations will be required from time to time
- Master’s degree or advanced degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate or related field
- CPP or CPPM Certification
- Legal experience is a plus especially in the areas of contract law and business law.
- Oracle financial system experience
- Ariba procurement system experience
- Prior project management experience
- Previous experience in coordinating and ensuring timely response to internal and external audits.
Department: Corporate Services & Real Estate Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/202018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The employee is seated and mobile while performing the duties of the position. The hands are used to write, type key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Driving, or the ability to get to meetings in many locations throughout the state will be required. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship