Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Scheduling Manager, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting:
- Support medium-large and/or complex, visible CareFirst programs/projects in developing and maintaining project schedules that adhere to documented CareFirst PMO best practices.
- Work with project leads and major stakeholders to develop project schedules and time-phased budgets.
- Maintain weekly updates of schedules and time-phased budgets throughout the CareFirst Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC).
- Track changes and recommend/apply project management principles to CI schedules.
- Understand and update project metrics that employ Earned Value Management (EVM) calculations.
- Assist in preparing, reporting and analyzing project schedule metrics.
- Support project managers in conducting variance analysis of project cost and schedule performance, including recommending corrective actions and identifying when Change Requests (CRs) are appropriate
- Utilize advanced MS Project features in an enterprise architecture that includes the CA PPM tool.
- Provide technical guidance and support to PMO IT on schedule-related issues.
2. Management/Leadership Services:
- Serve as primary reviewer of deliverables created by team members.
- Provide tier-2 support for schedule-related issues experienced by team members.
- Communicate with Project Managers, Program Managers and project teams supported by team members.
3. Team Process/Tool Improvement:
- Identify, develop and implement targeted improvement opportunities to processes and/or deliverables for which the team is responsible.
- Share expertise through developing and delivering training on best practices to team members and CI project teams, as appropriate.
This position is subject to level 6C security requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business management, finance or economics
- 6 + years’ experience in project/program scheduling and planning
- Experienced with both MS-Project and Clarity
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to manage medium sized projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- Develop, maintain and adjust when necessary schedule and cost baselines for multiple projects on a weekly basis.
- Analyze and assess impact of schedule delays related to on-time delivery of key project milestones.
- Identify and correct issues with schedule resource loading, both within a single project and across multiple projects using shared resources.
- Create when necessary ad hoc reports (e.g., using MS Excel) to communicate key data.
- Understand and work with MS Project schedules integrated into an enterprise-level cost / schedule management tool.
- Balance support of assigned schedules with providing assistance to team members and improving existing processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four or more years of experience in project management
- Ability to lead cross functional teams of varying sizes
- Certification in MS Project
- Clarity experience
- Experience working within an Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Project Management Professional Certification.
- Experience managing and/or supporting projects within a Health Care organization.
Department: Portfolio & Release Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/26/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship