This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Vice President, Sales and Client Management the essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following.
1. Ensures that overall retention, renewal and financial goals are achieved for medical and ancillary products for assigned accounts within the commercial segment
2. Plays a critical role in the ongoing development of positive relationships with key market constituents, brokers/consultants, government officials and vendor partners across CareFirst’s service area.
3. Manages a staff of Account Executives responsible for the team’s general performance, while ensuring individual results are accomplished and staff professional development needs are created and achieved.
4. Effectively partner with all internal constituents and subject matter experts to ensure client needs are met, maintaining a positive perception of CareFirst within the marketplace and there is a clear understanding of CareFirst’s value proposition.
5. Responsible for performing routine corporate management responsibilities, supporting the Vice President - which include, but are not limited to, participating in the development and monitoring of the divisional budget, the development of enrollment forecasts, participation on task forces and committees to represent the sales team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Directly supervises a team of Account Executives (the number of staff members may vary depending on the business needs).
The qualified applicant must possess proven sales skills, effective interpersonal/relationship skills, and management skills. The applicant must possess the ability to analyze competitive sales information and develop effective sales strategies to assist sales personnel in the retention and growth of existing business. The candidate must have a proven ability to demonstrate good instincts and make solid business judgements. Additional requirements include negotiation skills, creative thinking and problem solving, effective organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent group presentation skills and personal computer skills. The ability to direct and support professional development of staff is necessary.
Department: Strategic Accounts 1000+
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 4/17/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Frequent driving is required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship