Resp & Qualifications
Please note: This position may be filled at our DC or MD office depending on candidates' availablity or business need.
1. Leads Stakeholder Engagement and Sourcing Initiatives:
- Responsible for working with business stakeholders to frame and develop project objectives, requirements, and sourcing strategy prior to supplier engagement.
- Drafts and leads the applicable sourcing process through scoring and completion (e.g. RFx, sole source, etc.).
- Acts as primary contact with potential suppliers during the RFx, selection, and negotiation process.
- Leads supplier negotiations throughout RFx and contracting process to achieve optimal savings, value, and risk profile.
- Assists in developing junior associates on process and techniques.
- Coaches team members including business owners on process and negotiation.
- Leads procurement teams on complex contract initiatives (including ensuring RFx are properly drafted and framed by junior staff).
- Creates, in collaboration with business units, all assigned project planning documentation (including updates, status reports, etc.).
- Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities to produce project plan in accordance with the overall business unit goals and strategic sourcing objectives.
- Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
2. Negotiate and Draft Contract Documentation:
- Leads the negotiation and redlining process with the supplier to draft contracts that accurately capture business, technical, and legal requirements (including contractual and purchase order documentation).
- Acts as liaison with business owner and supplier during negotiations.
- Works closely with legal and risk groups to ensure consistent communication and resolution of significant legal and risk issues throughout the negotiation process.
- Ensures and adheres to corporate procurement policy directives and Federal Government regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of documentation for consent from the Federal Government (as applicable).
- Ensures compliance with contractual requirements for Federal Employee Program and other state and local contracts specifically related to MBE/WBE requirements and reporting.
3. Supplier Management:
- Develops supplier strategy for the assigned spend category.
- Identifies opportunities to better align spend and improve supplier management.
- Ensures all documentation is complete and accessible in contracts repository.
- Analyzes supplier performance, compare service and/or product offerings and specifications, perform site visits as required and resolve contract and invoice differences.
- Manages existing contracts to anticipate and prepare for ongoing renewals.
- Provides other services related to the sourcing, contracting, and supplier management function as required.
4. Associate and Process Management
- Oversees day-to-day operations for the SBP Sourcing Associates.
- Motivate, coach and develop the SBP Sourcing Associate for growth in skill development.
- Provide guidance on human resource policies and resolve human resource issues and concerns as they arise.
- Responsible for the facilitation of performance plans and reviews on an annual basis.
- Determines project goals and priorities with management and project sponsors (and cascades to SBP Sourcing Associate as appropriate).
Required Education and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant field or equivalent experience and 7-10 years’ of combined experience in large scale multi-million dollar project management and 3 or procurement (i.e. technology procurement, Print, Professional Services, Facilities or other industry area contracting role.
- Extensive experience in managing the end to end sourcing process from requirements gathering through RFx and contracting.
- Must have extensive experience with key suppliers (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, etc. for technology sourcing).
- Experienced in supplier relationship management and stakeholder governance.
- Experienced in analyzing pricing and determining price reasonableness.
- Experienced in change management (e.g. leading business stakeholders through the process of learning how to effectively engage procurement)
- Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
- Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions.
- Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
- Knowledge of current technology trends, industry best practices and their impact on legal and risk requirements.
- Knowledge of the FAR. 1-2 years Management Experience
- 1-2 years Management Experience
Department: Service Benefit Plan Sourcing and Procurement
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/25/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship