Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Development and/or modification of procedures, programs or hardware to solve business systems problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating costs and business needs. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Has technical skill and experience necessary to develop complex custom solutions. Works with the technical team and management to propose system strategies to support company needs.
1. Serve consultative resource to IT staff by performing or assisting with system design in areas such as infrastructure, security, operations, integration, execution and network, often spanning multiple heterogeneous platforms, and particularly as these designs apply to new business drivers such as eCommerce and other Web Technologies. Also performs or assists in problem resolution, recommending alternative techniques and providing training and guidance related to primary areas of responsibility and emerging technologies
2. Develop, coordinate and manage projects and project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues
3. Technical and business writing; including formal/informal oral presentation; Standards development
4. Functions as an Enterprise Applications integration specialist for interoperability design and problem resolution related to business applications and related middleware components.
5. Performance monitoring, capacity planning, system tuning, availability planning;
6. Design and implement next generation web and multi-tier solutions for new applications and existing web-based and client-server application with minimal assistance
7. Select, evaluate and recommend third-party software solutions for business problems
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Familiarity with new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives. Experience in client server, OO and/or netcentric development. Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems. Familiarity with network protocols, particularly TCP/IP.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or related IT field OR equivalent experience. Must also have a minimum of 8 years of experience in high-level systems and/or applications and/or network design, development and tuning, as well as with database design and access, and familiarity with networking fundamentals.
Abilities/Skills: Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems. Experience with multi-system/platform program integration. Experience in all and demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following: logical and physical applications design; technical documentation; full-cycle system development; networking; security; web and/or web application server administration; NT, Unix, and/or mainframe systems administration; RDBMS; Web-enabling applications; Java technologies (EJB, JSP, servlet).
Preferred: Experience with some or all of the following: Proven demonstrable hands on experience designing and managing applications using Oracle 10g/11g/12c, high volume OLTP applications, PL/SQL queries, database design, database performance analysis and tuning, Informatica PowerCenter, CA7, JCL, PowerExchange/CDC, Data analytics, Information analytics, Cloudera Hadoop with releted tools and technologies such as Kafka, Sqoop, Oozie, Flume, Impala, PySpark, Python, Microstrategy reporting and analytics, MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases,
Nice to have: Cloud databases, automated functional and scalability testing.
Department: Provider Portal Development
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/9/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship