Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the FEP System Director the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads a mix team of software engineers in the design, development, and implementation of the multiple applications cross multiple platforms, the planning of resource/time allocations for current and projected development needs, diagnosing production problems, and the new technology evaluation and technical prototypes. Responsible for the quality project deliveries. Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end users on the operational procedures of the system, and providing technical guidance to less experienced staff during implementation..
2. Performs architecture design for small to medium size of the projects, leads the detail technical design, coding, code review and testing cross teams on multiple platforms and creates efficient and maintainable new applications.
3. Estimates the technical costs of projects for clients and project managers, confers with clients to identify requirements (e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner.
4. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technologies, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of changing strategies, goals and objectives (develops and maintains technical knowledge through training, classes, …)
5. Mentors new or junior staff members on business knowledge, system peculiarities, and complex technical issues.
This position is also subject to being "on call" for emergency situations requiring immediate resolution. Travel between all CareFirst locations may be required.
This position is subject to a level 6C security requirement.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience and 10+ years of industry experience developing in object-oriented programming language. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
Abilities/Skills: Candidates should have proven technical leadership experience to lead multiple medium to large projects and experience working with teams and show a propensity in dealing with the user community. Technical expertise with claims, enrollment, sales, marketing, or provider systems preferred. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction).
This position will require strong background of design, development and analytical (i.e. requirements gathering) skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. The candidate must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare report to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare training materials as required. Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential in ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology to internal clients of all levels and some external vendors will be extremely helpful in moving any and all projects forward.
Department: Product Delivery Director
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 1/6/2019
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. The functions of this position may also require physical activity such as bending, stooping and kneeling, as well as lifting equipment of weights up to 50 lbs.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship