This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: The incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. System Maintenance: Independently maintains and installs DataBase Management Systems (DBMS) and supporting DBMS tools. Supports projects from application level by creating database objects and updating existing database objects. Manage overall DBMS performance and availability.
2. Systems Implementation: Independently implement complex technical system design changes for mainframe or client server databases.
3. Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using the DBMS.
4. Technology Consulting: Leads problem resolution and coordination with Level 2 support. Performs integration of component level systems into solutions as documented/directed by Lead/Expert Database Engineer.
5. Research and Development: Researches new technologies to benefit the business. Works with Lead/Expert Database Engineer to develop recommendations and provide implementation support. Displays and utilizes business knowledge.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science with 3-5 years of prior experience in the specific technical discipline, OR equivalent experience.
Working towards one or more of the following certifications:
Database Engineer II:
Position requires knowledge of DataBase Management Systems, operating systems, hardware platforms, virtualization, high availability as well as familiarity with communications, programming, storage and supporting software listed below.
Database Administration: Knowledge of and experience managing and troubleshooting IBM DB2 zOS.
Additionally, command line processing skills at a intermediate level are required.
Working knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting DBMS on IBM zOS.
Server Software: Working knowledge of IBM z/OS server software .
Working knowledge and experience with Disk Storage systems from IBM.
Office Software: Thorough understanding and experience with Microsoft Office products.
Solid experience, from a database perspective, dealing with the following applications: WebSphere Application Server, HTTP Server, MQSeries, and Cognos.
Disaster Recovery Support: Experience planning and conducting Disaster Recovery exercises along with their documentation and methodologies.
Abilities/Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals for peers; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and application developers.
Department: Database Management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/14/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship