This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
Under the general supervision of the Director of Actuarial Pricing, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Analyzing & monitoring experience, focusing on all parameters affecting profitability (e.g., administrative expenses, retention components, and loss ratios, PMPMs).
2. Filing rates with state regulators.
3. Forecasting for setting 5-year corporate goals.
4. Assessing competitiveness of rates versus chief competitors & striving to balance competitiveness with adequacy.
5. Complying with legislation that affects rates.
6. Producing rates for rate charts for the sales force.
7. Presenting findings & recommendations to Sales & senior management (including new rating methodologies). Negotiating toward mutually agreeable solutions to problems.
8. Supporting underwriters, Sales reps, & the VP with rate quoting systems & ad hoc rate calcs & reports such as the CEO report.
9. Supports professional development of staff by training & allocation of workflow.
10. Coordination of implementation of rates with departments such as Legal, Controllers, Systems (CSG), Membership, & Mktg./Sales is necessary.
Specific tasks include direction of the “Individual, non-Medigap” Open Enrollment and Group Conversion markets and negotiating and tracking provider capitation agreements.
Position requires an individual w BS or BA in Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics or a math-related field and 2 –3 years of health insurance, actuarial pricing experience.
Required: Must have understanding of financial statements, and highly developed verbal and written communication skills, to the point where actuarial information can be completely and concisely presented to both an actuarial and non-actuarial audience.
Abilities/Skills: Familiarity with actuarial, mathematical and statistical procedures and practical applications. Highly analytical and a general understanding of health insurance products and markets. Solid interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills, to the point where actuarial information can be completely & concisely presented to both an actuarial and non-actuarial audience.
Preferred: 2 exams
Department: Actuarial Financial Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/16/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship