This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
Under the general direction of the FEP Program Manager the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Leads a team of software engineers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts, in multiple Scrum teams, guiding the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values with the goal of getting the most out of self-organization. Supports and guides the team to remove impediments by engaging the right stakeholders within the organization or partner organizations. Facilitates getting the work done by the scrum team, without assigning, or dictating the work. Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Assists with internal and external communication and improves transparency. Provides all support to the scrum team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leads by example. Follows the Agile playbook and process at the FEPOC to support agile delivery. Facilitate release planning, sprint planning, daily stand ups, grooming, retrospectives, product demonstrations and other scrum ceremonies.
2. Supports and educates the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog. Work with Product owner and other supporting teams to enable seamless delivery. Engages with business stake holders on need basis to educate, learn and provide input to support/improve Agile delivery. Provide input and champion Agile process improvement initiatives based on team/external feedback.
3. Support culture change to improve delivery agility. Provide coaching to team members who are new to Scrum and Agile practices. Supporting Team building and Team development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals, and fostering a feedback culture.
4. Work on any related Project Management deliverables as assigned or needed to support project delivery. Work cooperatively with integrated team of FEPOC/ FEPDO/BCBSA Plan staff to successfully address any associated risks and issues.
5. Support agile execution on other projects, by helping teams adapt the methodology to their environment, and coach Scrum Masters in the company. Identify gaps in process execution, through proactive engagement with multiple stake holders and influence changes to FEPOC Agile process to enable continuous improvement.
Required: This position requires a bachelor degree or equivalent and a minimum 8 years of industry experience in IT; a minimum 4 years in project management and/or Scrum Master. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
Department: Platform Development
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/17/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship