Resp & Qualifications
1. Communications Specialist
- Ability to design, develop, and create collateral materials using various media (video, animation, print, etc.) and effectively write and edit clear, concise copy for various audiences, including and internal associates.
- Think logically and strategically to advance the effectiveness of various communications vehicles in delivering and reinforcing FEPOC messages.
- Collaborate with, oversee, implement and adhere to brand style guide and consistencies in writing style.
- Support Strategic & Customer Communications Manager in enterprise-wide initiatives, including attending project meetings, providing strategic insight, presenting overview of initiatives to other associates and ensuring all commitments are met
- In conjunction with the Strategic & Customer Communications Manager:
- Understand various communication channels and how best to communicate through each channel (email, print, online, etc)
- Develop ways to evaluate effectiveness of all communications with metrics and reporting to management
- Initiate ideas to enhance understanding and adoption of FEPOC solutions
- Take the initiative to keep abreast of pertinent industry trends
2. Communications Project Management
- Manage all phases of the communication project life cycle process, which includes monitoring progress, serving as resource to divisional management regarding the project
- Work closely with internal and external customers to communicate activities related to status of project development to various stakeholders. Acts as a point of contact to ensure all communications provided are thorough, accurate and timely
- Acts as liaison across multiple areas to ensure effective and efficient goals, scope, progress and completion of projects. Work with the Strategic & Customer Communications Manager to coordinate issues
- Submit requests to designers and vendors (internal and external) with all required changes and provide clear direction on copy, branding and overall look and feel of materials. Make sure all changes are completed and accurate
- Interact with all levels of FEPOC, internal and external clients, and support services (procurement, legal, etc.). Respond quickly to accurately incorporate comments and requested changes. Provide updates to leadership and executive staff as required
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, research collateral distribution and ensure delivery of materials
- Develop SOPs as needed for materials and projects; maintain history of materials including dates and reasons materials were modified or removed from distribution
- Candidate must have the ability to bring a creative, promotional perspective to material development
- Serve as a mentor to interns and junior-level staff to provide general training and feedback on communications, material development and review; web site development and review; and other communications related management tasks
- Actively troubleshoot problems and resolve issues
- Perform other duties related to strategic communications planning and execution, as assigned
- A college degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, design or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of professional strategic communications, advertising or marketing communications experience and a minimum of 2 years of project management experience required
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously; sometimes under pressure and often with tight deadlines
- Ability to establish strong relationships across departments, and with leaders at all levels, and an understanding of client needs
- Must be professional, organized, enthusiastic and a team player who can also work independently
Ability to create and manage work plans. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with associates across departmental lines. Understanding of communication material design tools, excellent writing and editing skills, technical understanding of working with vendors for print, video, design, event design, and other media.
In addition to the required qualifications, 2-3 years of marketing and/or health insurance experience. Knowledge of java-based web design tools a plus. Some understanding of government regulations and experience dealing with government regulations is also preferred.
Department: Plan Communication
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/17/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship