Resp & Qualifications
Under the general direction of the Manager, FEPOC Training, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Develop and deliver instructionally sound educational and training materials in a variety of formats to the satisfaction of clients. Deliver Instructor-led Training to the expectations and satisfaction of clients. Master content from existing sources well enough to communicate it in plain language. Training conducted spans a wide range of functional or technical content areas, including: computer systems, software tools and FEPOC processes.
Collaborate with SMEs, instructors, clients, and internal staff in the development and delivery of high-quality curricula and courses and associated support materials using a systematic, repeatable approach. Acts as an internal expert to review, modify, and redesign training materials produced by others to reflect current research and best practices. Provides feedback and guidance on classroom and online facilitation best practices and staff who are called upon to teach specific in-depth classes.
Leveraging Adobe Captivate or other eLearning technologies, design and develop training programs and job aids for instructors and learners in online synchronous environments. Deliver audio enablement when required. Implementing course materials in learning management system or other approved channel.
Design instructionally sound educational and training materials in a variety of media and modalities. Design simple job aids (e.g., decision tables, step-action charts, quick reference guides). Work with technical development staff as appropriate to assure faithful implementation of designs. Document project-specific processes and standards. Implement Section 508 and SCORM requirements for training products.
• Working knowledge of BCBSA Plan clients.
• Ability to define measurable learning objectives
• Ability to write strong, valid assessment questions and experience writing practical exercises
• Ability to design solutions addressing a broad range of content domains (e.g., technical, administrative, quantitative, soft skills)
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to synthesize content from multiple sources
• Ability to sequence information to optimize learner understanding and retention
• Ability to present complex content in easy-to-understand form
• Strong ability to write for different purposes and different learning types (e.g., reports, proposals, audio scripts, instructor guides, job aids)
• Ability to integrate text, images, video, and audio in training solutions
• Working knowledge of 508 compliance and SCORM requirements
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Strong quality control standards with attention to detail
• Problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
• Ability to frequently change priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding level of professionalism in providing client support, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
• Team player with ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as external clients and vendors
• Effective time management skills with emphasis on quality and timely completion of tasks
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimal supervision.
Department: Learning & Development
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/28/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is primarily seated and standing while performing the duties of the position. As much as 100% of the employee’s time may be spent standing while teaching. Occasional walking is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk, see and listen. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Travel among CareFirst sites is required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship