This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Manager of FEPOC Client Services, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Advanced knowledge of the configuration and support of desktop environments, to include Active Directory, Exchange/outlook, laptops, blackberries, iPhones and iPads. Possess a working knowledge of disaster recovery planning and execution as it relates to the desktops. Possess a basic knowledge of Virtual Desktop solutions. Aptitude to learn new client technologies.
2. Software/Hardware testing and provide documentation within SBPASC standards. Coordination with vendors, clients and other IT members for testing of such Hardware/software. Configuration of software packages and provide automated install of software via SMS.
3. Customer service - identifies and meets all levels of support for heartbeat and day-to day setting customer expectations. Ensures post service follow-ups, customer services and communication to all concerned. Attend client meetings and make recommendation of Client Technology platform for Production Services and Lead IT support system Engineer review. Provide communication back via status reports or 1:1 meetings on projects assigned. Maintain a highly professional relationship with both internal and external clients. Provides 7 x 24 coverage, holidays, evening hours, weekend work required and participate in the on-call rotation.
4. Advanced knowledge of subject matter to be able to Interface with team members on an ongoing basis to ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required to meet the business objectives of the FEPOC. Creation of detailed project plans in support of assigned projects related to desktop functions. Takes the leadership role for the team's assigned projects. Attend meetings as required and provide minutes from such meetings, provide assistance to management as needed. Provide information and input to the Desktop Services budget; provide direction to all desktop staff as required. Maintain a highly professional relationship.
5. Assists in evaluation and integration of complex, emerging desktop, network-based, where necessary, that aligns with business strategy and initiatives for internal as well as external customers. Expand technical and business knowledge through reading, research, on-the-job training, and classroom training.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbanes Oxley and code of conduct policies.
Required: Candidate must possess a college degree or equivalent. Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in Windows Operating System Platform, Exchange email, Outlook, Active Directory and RBAC. Must have experience and understanding of enterprise backup and restore technology. Must have experience in Citrix. The candidate possesses knowledge in the installation and troubleshooting of virtual desktop technologies (VDI).
Abilities/Skills: The Systems Support Engineer will report to the FEPOC Client Services manager. This is a senior technical hands-on position focused on delivering advanced IT enterprise cross platform client delivery capabilities in the following areas:
Incumbent must possess excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (both verbal and written), ability to multi task. Provide Executive, Development, Engineering and QA client solutions. Anticipate Executive requirements and take proactive action in preparation. Organization and time management skills and very good analytical skills. Experience in and understanding of an Information Technology environment is necessary. Troubleshooting and prioritization skills are very important. Ability to think outside the box. Threat management and remediation. Software distribution and packaging with SMS
Thin Client and Remote Agent Support using associated tools. Change and release management using SBPASC change management processes. Client performance and benchmarking, Application Virtualization. Above average working knowledge of multiple PC hardware platforms and operating systems. Ability to work on and support all PC hardware components such as the installation of hard drives, memory, CD-ROM’s and internal modems.
Ability to support Wireless technology and mobile computing such as cell phones, iPads and tablets
Active Directory Group Policy administration.
A solid understanding of desktop and laptop PC operations and the ability to effectively use desktop applications is required. These applications include MS XP, Windows 7, Office Pro 2007 (and above) MS Exchange, Outlook, Unified Messaging and Unified Voice.
Ability to produce detailed, accurate technical documentation, and project management.
Technical leader, lead project management experience
Self-motivated and adaptable to change.
The candidate possesses knowledge in the installation and troubleshooting of virtual desktop technologies (VDI). IPhone/iPad setup and configuration.
Department: Federal Employee Program Client Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/30/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship