Resp & Qualifications
Assist in providing business, functional, system and technical requirements and engineering management for the implementation of new functionality and maintenance of existing FEP national Plan systems. Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, and verify the system needs of project stakeholders, who are both internal and external customers and end users.
The incumbent is responsible for assisting in taking a broad set of business requirements identified by project stakeholders (internal and external) and working with business domain analysts in a team capacity to ensure that both business and technical considerations are addressed.
The incumbent will participate in the analysis of less complex existing business processes and systems to recommend process and system enhancements.
The incumbent is involved throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and participates in team functions with other FEPOC and CareFirst departments. The FEP Requirements Analyst must have the ability or aptitude to solve problems with guidance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Requirements Analyst duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those identified in the following table:
- Assists in requirements discovery to document the needs of customers and potential stakeholders.
- Participates in business teams with users to understand strategic goals and to understand the customers’ needs as well as the systems functionalities.
- Assists in industry standard requirements elicitation such as Joint Application Development (JAD), interviews, prototyping, and user observation.
- Assists in the development of complete, unambiguous description solutions such as use cases, requirements, and business rules that are both verifiable and traceable.
- Communicates with the development and testing team.
- Assists in the requirements traceability such as tracing across the SDLC to ensure that each succinct requirement is met at each step of the lifecycle.
- Uses tools such as Rational Composer or Caliber to store requirements.
- Assists in the creation of requirements repositories to store historical requirements information.
- Performs business support responsibilities and consultation with internal and external customers and any other projects as requested in support of management.
Analysis and Modeling:
- Participates in analysis of existing, and new business processes and systems.
- Uses industry best practices and analytical techniques such as
- state charts,
- process modeling,
- decision tree analysis,
- use cases,
- functional and non-functional specifications and
- data flow diagrams.
- Understands and assists with system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology.
- Analyzes less complex requirement models to increase understanding and uncover potential issues.
- Participates in impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows.
- Contributes to building a knowledge base of business information using various types of models.
- Assists in the process of documenting and maintaining editorial quality of:
- Business system requirements,
- Use cases ,
- Business work papers, and
- Functional specifications
- These documents will be shared with a broad internal and external audience.
- Assists with providing customizable software product package for use by FEP BCBS Plans.
- Expands knowledge and skills of existing and new business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodologies.
- Expands knowledge of healthcare terminology and industry changes impact of healthcare reform, and SDLC processing.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Experience in or exposure to business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, and user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
- Knowledge of project management skills.
- Ability or aptitude to solve problems with guidance.
- Basic understanding of project Software Development Life Cycles.
- Strong writing and organizational skills.
Preferred Abilities and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office®.
- Understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Architecture or requirements methodologies UML, Rational Unified Process, Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple technologies and tools such as web, mainframe, distributed systems, etc. to support multiple internal and external stakeholders that use those technologies.
Department: Requirement Release
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/5/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.