Resp & Qualifications
With minimal supervision of the Vice President of Customer Strategy & Solutions, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Communication Planning & Delivery
- Develop and manage preparation of executive-level speeches, and presentations, including researching and developing recommended topics, and delivering quality work that aligns with FEPOC, BCBSA and CareFirst standards
- Assists and, as appropriate, advises SVP and General Manger, FEPOC and members of the Executive Leadership Team on day-to-day communication activities
- Mobilizes other communications resources to support timely communication of the FEPOC news and positions to key audiences, including plans, BCBSA and CareFirst.
- Serve as Blue Web product manager to ensure plans are developed and executed to implement Blue Web product portal vision
- Ensure FEPOC product materials are developed and delivered to meet the needs of customers
- Research, acquire and implement communication tools to accelerate communications maturity and delivery, including digital communication tools
- Manage FEPOC intranet channels and content management, establishing standards and practices for improving internal use of intranet resources
- Provide vision and direction to mature FEPOC communications strategy and discipline to deliver relevant and impactful internal and external communications
- Partner with internal FEPOC organizations to understand gaps and opportunities to improve Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan satisfaction through the use of effective communications
- Assess internal and external FEPOC stakeholders and develop communications strategy to address communication needs
- Partner with internal FEPOC organizations to understand gaps and opportunities to improve associate satisfaction through the use of effective communications
- Develop, implement and manage communication policies, standards and processes
- Manage the collection and reporting of periodic reports of the section’s activities (e.g. Radar Reports, State of the Department reporting)
- Manage staff of 10-12 exempt associates, and 3-5 contingent workers
- Manage and/or oversees assigned cost center.
- Ensures compliance by assigned staff of all mandatory training requirements.
Issues Management and Other Duties, as assigned
Direct Supervision: 2 – 3 Managers; 10-12 FTEs and 3-5 contingent workers
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field or equivalent professional work experience is required.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years of progressive management or leadership experience preferably within a health care setting. Within those 6-8 years - a minimum of 5 years of extensive consultative experience with demonstrated ability to influence C-Suite, senior staff, and diverse employee populations.
- Must have demonstrated techniques in achieving exemplary client service levels, excellent oral and written communication skills, keen problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have 6-8 years of related professional experience in communications or related environments
- Prefer conference ownership experience and digital communications strategy experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional presentation skills including the ability to make persuasive presentations, exciting the customer with an enthusiastic presentation style, and the ability to demonstrate values by actively promoting products and services that are of value.
- Knowledge of communications tools and techniques to meet diverse internal and external communications needs
- Has ability to understand complex information clients and associates require, and the technical prowess to seek, generate, or cultivate the information required by our customers to improve satisfaction
- Commitment to Building Effective Relationships, with the ability to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of company clients and customers and their needs and requirements; is continuously alert and responsive to changing customer needs, and formulates business strategies designed to enhance customer satisfaction, build relationships and product/service loyalty.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work with people at all levels of the organization horizontally and vertically and motivate people to act.
- Strong planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work and make decisions independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to apply principles and practices to difficult problems on a company wide scale.
- Ability to direct the activities of very diverse unrelated functions.
- Exceptional skills in managing people to achieve results by giving solid direction and providing ongoing feedback.
- Extensive knowledge of sales products and processes at the strategic and tactical levels.
Department: Strategic Communications Director
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/4/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Must be able to travel throughout the CareFirst service area. The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Requirements are that they must be able to hear and talk.
The Strategic Communications Director should be in good physical condition as the associate will be doing a great deal of walking, sitting, and standing along with kneeling, stooping, bending, and climbing steps in the course of performing the duties of this job. Strength to lift and carry fifty pounds of materials and supplies is necessary. Travel required among CareFirst sites and FEHBP agencies.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship