Resp & Qualifications
The Lead Process Analyst is a key liaison between the technical IT staff that deploys business process management-based systems and the line-of-business staff that performs the process work. The Lead Process Analyst is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of process models, primarily conceptual/logical models, as well as the supporting process ecosystem (screen interactions, dashboards, rule management, and optimization algorithms).
Develop plans for any business process improvement initiatives, be part of a team implementing business process improvement, &/ or lead business process improvement initiatives.
Conduct process analysis activities to include interviewing, observing, and timing of operational tasks for current state and future state. Map individual task workflow; create and maintain workflow charts for all major tasks; update and validate models, service agreements, and cost benefit documentation.
Analyze existing tasks, processes, methods, metrics, and reporting used to perform all functions and recommend appropriate business process improvements. Communicate approved process changes to all appropriate personnel.
Analyze new business projects/Corporate Initiatives and associated processes. Identify risks and possible issues. Develop and present possible solutions or alternatives.
- The candidate will serve as a Process Improvement agent who will actively lead and facilitate process improvement initiatives across all of Healthcare Operations. Process improvement initiatives deliver results, including identification and elimination of root causes, increases in operational efficiencies, and increased customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with a team of experts based on areas involved; guides team through functional area analysis using methodologies and tools such as process reengineering and total quality management to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Facilitates the definition of solutions; defines logical work units and job roles, skills and knowledge sets related to roles; assists in implementing process and identification of supporting technologies.
- Plans process of communication and logistics for project teams.
- Coordinates the development and planning of the project and maintains project timelines. Communicates team and project progress to all levels of personnel through written and oral presentations and other documentation.
- Maintains liaison with functional experts to insure continued process improvement.
- Models simulate and enhance business process diagrams
- Works with and through the client relationship managers and/or works directly with business unit clients as required by the enterprise engagement protocol.
- Searches internal and external resources for pre-built models, templates and services to meet process needs.
- Determines and documents the impact of changes and suggests policy, goal and rule changes.
- Performs continuous reviews to align processes with changing business conditions
- Maintains and shares process knowledge by embracing methods, techniques, notations, standards and best practices derived from the business process architecture team.
- Champions Business Process discipline through mentoring of project teams, Business Analyst resources, etc.
- This position requires a four-year degree in a business or related area and/or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience using process improvement methods, with a demonstrated track record in continuous improvement.
- A high degree of initiative and independent judgment is required.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under time constraints, adapt to shifting priorities, to work independently as well as part of a team are required.
- Proven track record in developing/implementing new strategies/roadmaps to migrate from current-to future-state.
- Excellent process engineering/improvement skills including but not limited to process modeling, cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, work plan development, and management.
- The incumbent must have a passion for innovation and find a better way to do business.
- The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills, strong organizational, coordination skills and interpersonal skills for facilitating.
- The incumbent must have an effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
- The incumbent must be able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem and process solutions.
- The incumbent must have a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to operational excellence.
- The incumbent must be skilled in flowcharting and using Visio or other process charting software.
- The incumbent must have the ability to think logically and creatively in order to identify and resolve problems.
- The incumbent must have the ability to create innovative solution options; understand multiple ideas, develop consensus and develop and/or research information from diverse sources.
- The incumbent must have the ability to address and balance the concerns of different constituencies.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Knowledge of ProVision Software
- Hands on experience with Business Process Modeling Notation
- Exposure to Health Care Industry
- Expert Knowledge of Visio, PowerPoint, and other MS Office Applications
- Excellent customer service skills
Department: Requirements Processes
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/7/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship