Resp & Qualifications
The FEP Principal System Analyst is responsible for providing benefits and claims consultancy services to the organization and to assist in determining direction of FEP solutions to drive efficiency, flexibility and scalability. This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate collaboration between various FEPOC departments such as Delivery, Informatics, Business Architecture, Solution Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, etc. as well as with the Director’s Office.
- Provide major input into the full software development lifecycle.
- Provide input and guidance to the claims requirements team by utilizing, strong project management skills with a strong technical requirements methodology background.
- Help drive business process, function and organization redesign, working collaboratively with process and product owners as a subject matter expert.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general direction of the Manager, Software Development, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide oversight to Delivery’s requirements review component of FEP SDLC by ensuring the current processes and artifacts are well documented and utilized appropriately.
- Analyzes business requirements and processes; constructs conceptual data and process models
- Participates in strategic development discussions helping ensure alignment with current and future technical roadmaps.
- Reviews and provides feedback on large-scale technical utilizing superior technical and analytical skills; excellent business knowledge, knowledge of current and future technology roadmaps.
- Function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for multiple critical system processes and components.
- Partners with internal business users, Plans and Director’s Office to understand tactical and strategic goals as the subject matter expert of the system’s functionalities.
- Continues to expand knowledge and skills of existing and new business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodologies
- Stay abreast of healthcare terminology, as well as industry and government mandated changes and ensure all are adequately documented.
- Function as the benefits and claims technical consultant to peers in other departments as well as to the Director’s Office
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent. Minimum of 8 years of requirements management and requirements engineering, OR related technical experience.
- Knowledge of FEP organization, operations and business systems.
- Proven expert skill level using techniques including
- State charts,
- Process modeling tools
- Decision tree analysis, and
- Data flow diagrams.
- Prior extensive experience being part of impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows as well as using various types of models and straw man prototypes.
- Prior expert knowledge of requirements traceability matrix using software development lifecycle
- Previous experience with a requirements tool or methodology such as Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Root cause analysis experience
- Proven experience accurately estimating resource and cost requirements
- Prior Health insurance industry exposure; specific experience with successful large-scale.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the company’s business practices and direction, business principles, and business processes, plus familiarity with the company’s products and resources.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Must possess the qualities, skills, business acumen, experience, and discipline to ensure business and systems architecture alignment.
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership with strong abilities in relationship management objectives.
- Ability to analyze project needs and to help determine resources needed to meet the objective.
- Ability to interface across several channels, acting as a visionary, to assist, proactively in developing project direction.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
- Possess the technical knowledge of all components of one or more application systems or subsystems and have a broad understanding of the business as well as existing platforms, applications, data and hardware.
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft® Office®
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple technologies such as web, mainframe, distributed systems, and so on, to support multiple internal and external stakeholders who use those technologies.
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Considerable experience in human resource management skills, staff development.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
Candidates should have experience working with teams in a heavily matrixed organization and show a propensity for dealing with the user community in a highly professional non-technical manner. Technical expertise with claims, enrollment, or provider systems preferred. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and be able to take direction). Candidate should be a self-starter, be able to work independently and be a quick learner. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are also required.
Department: Benefits & Claims Delivery
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/8/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The associate must frequently communicate with others and be able to use a keyboard, mouse, etc. or other devices and/or tools to develop, review and test program code. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Reasonable accommodations will be made if requested.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship