Resp & Qualifications
Under the direct supervision of the Team Lead, the associate’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for creating, coding and keying accurate and thorough test plans and test cases with pre-determined results. Executes tests and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
- Accountable for analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects. Reports errors through a structured defect tracking process. Communicates weekly with management verbally and via written detail status report regarding potential problems and concerns.
- Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge through classroom training, testing workshops, reading, and research, etc. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of testing tools. Expand business knowledge of product benefits, corporate policies, division and department goals and department procedures.
- Accountable for reviewing and analyzing business and system requirements and specifications for system programs and modules.
- Coordinates with customers to resolve issues. Verify satisfaction of internal and external customer requests and obtain information to create test data.
- Participates in project work group meetings (internal/external peer reviews, walk through, status meetings, Software Process Improvement, JAD sessions etc.)
- Initiates Change Management Records (CMRs) or CareFirst Information Technology Tracking System (CITT) requests for necessary system changes or enhancements.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Science, etc.), or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical discipline, including functional analysis, testing, verification and validation
- Automation scripting and some level of programming experience
- Ability to create, maintain and run database queries
- Proven experience with Agile and Waterfall software development life cycle (SDLC) models
- Proven experience creating, modifying and maintaining test plans, test cases, test scenarios, and automated test scripts
- Proven experience with Defect Tracking and management tools (e.g. ALM, AGM, JIRA or others)
- Excellent written and verbal communications, customer service and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams is necessary, must work overtime when necessary and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able effectively handle multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment and put in the time necessary to complete the work under tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong testing background to allow for developing testing strategies.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong understanding of Windows, Unix and other Operating system files and utilities.
- Understanding of and direct participation in the requirements management (REQM) and configuration management (CM) processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with at least 2 relational database management system (e.g., DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Associate must be a team player, use professional judgment, and must support organizational and departmental goals.
- Experience with server platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX and/or Mainframe
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience with HP family of products for automation, testing and defect tracking
Department: Claims Quality Assurance
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/13/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship