Resp & Qualifications
Under the general direction of the Manager, Talent Acquisition, the incumbent's accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and screening both internal and external candidates for referral to open Exempt positions, including off site locations, ensuring that only top-talented candidates are referred in order to contribute to a high caliber productive workforce.
- Plan and implement CareFirst’s talent acquisition strategy; serve as consultative partner with internal clients.
- Develops recruitment programs or networks in order to attract, grow/ train, and retain an applicant pool for high turnover positions.
- Coordinates with hiring management in order to develop a recruitment plan and coaching clients in selection and interviewing processes that will yield high quality selections.
- Represent CareFirst internally and externally at events, job fairs, college recruitment functions with a goal of networking/relationship building with potential candidates and community outreach programs in order to give presentations and establish and maintain an organizational presence in the community.
- Designs/ selects, implements and administers screening tools that will assist in identifying quality applicants.
- Work closely with CareFirst Branding Specialist and Marketing to develop creative ways of addressing talent acquisition challenges.
- Proactively seek market intelligence to gain competitive advantage in attraction, assessment and sourcing methodologies. Stay abreast of talent acquisition trends in the staffing industry.
- Performs additional duties as required including: providing input during periods of reorganization, providing backup support for the recruitment of non-exempt positions and assisting in the development and production of Employment related reporting in order to facilitate the functioning of the department.
SCOPE DATA: High-Volume recruitment environment of 25-30 positions handled at one time; provides sourcing, recruitment and placement of all Exempt employees for the entire company.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of full cycle recruitment experience in a high-volume environment supporting mid to senior level positions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building sourcing strategies for hard to fill positions
- Minimum 5 years’ proficiency with an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) such as Peoplesoft, Success Factors, Taleo, or similar software
- Proficiency with LinkedIn AND Linkedin Recruiter
- At least intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to approach problems flexibly and demonstrate creativity in solving them
- Proven track record of driving process improvements and an insatiable desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to exercise tact & discretion, as well as the initiative to efficiently meet the demands of multiple internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently, execute multiple tasks simultaneously, and cut through ambiguity
- Skilled at effectively managing and prioritizing escalations or business critical situations
Abilities/ Skills: Working knowledge of Human Resource policies and practices, the ability to effectively develop business team relationships with clients and co-workers, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), good presentation skills, knowledge of EEO and affirmative action requirements, the ability to travel out of state and to offsite locations and strong PC skills using word-processing and spreadsheet programs.
Preferred: A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business or equivalent work experience, and experience in a sophisticated HR work environment. Proven experience in high volume recruiting.
Department: Talent Acquisition
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/27/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship