Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Manager of Middleware Services, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Ensures that all software or systems for which they are responsible are monitored and tuned to ensure acceptable levels of performance and resource utilization, ensures that the software is utilizing all appropriate functions and features, timely and accurate reporting on performance, utilization and feature use as requested.
2. Provides technical assistance to Operations, Applications, Business Clients and the Help Desk in order to resolve production schedules or problems. Provides 24x7 oncall support for assigned systems and software. Uses available resources to research, resolve and recommend solutions for the most complex and critical systems.
3. Provides project management support regarding most technical aspects of implementing projects/major release upgrades for CareFirst’s largest and critical systems which includes: properly following a project life cycle, the development of project plans, completing all appropriate documentation and notifications in order to obtain resolution within the established timeframes. Contributes to the development of corporate IT standards and policies to ensure compatibility and integration throughout the IT department . Provides input into subcontracting and vendor evaluation studies pertaining to the IT organization, IT Infrastructure and Architectures. Stays current in new IT technologies to maintain high level subject matter expertise.
4. Performs installation of complex software and hardware environments in a timely manner in keeping with current release levels. Follows and maintains all Corporate Change Control and Audit requirements. Creates and maintains schedules for software maintenance and upgrades. For assigned products and systems:
5. Participates in and contributes to technical discussion within their team and shares their technical expertise to others’ activities. Is a member of a matrix team of people who have responsibility for strategy and development, including systems and application development, vendor management, and legacy systems integration. Communicates between key IT groups and the customer community via participation in meetings and the creation of status reporting mechanisms (weekly, monthly, and quarterly). Participates in CareFirst Enterprise Wide technology projects for most complex and critical technologies.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science and 3-5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer. Equivalent experience supporting complex and critical IT environments will be evaluated in lieu of these requirements where applicable.
Abilities/Skills: The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills in order to effectively analyze broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain the desired results. Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology. An excellent working knowledge of installation and maintenance of the systems software as well as the internals of the system in order to produce the best possible system availability and performance. Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding; superior project management skills coupled with the ability to monitor and guide the work of others.
This is a WebSphere/Java Administrator position. Position requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
Coordinates and implements builds and application installs for WebSphere and Java applications on a scheduled basis; monitors performance of critical system applications and resolves operational problems in accordance with corporate guidelines; assists application development staff with the architecture and development of WebSphere and Java applications. Installs and maintains WebSphere and related software on UNIX, Linux, and Windows platforms.
Preferred skills include familiarity with following technologies/software solutions:
Department: Middleware Services
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/1/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship