This job posting is no longer active
Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the supervision of the Manager of Associate Communications & Media Relations, the Multimedia Communications Representative’s accountabilities include but are not limited to:
1. Researches, writes and obtains approvals on daily corporate news for communication to associates and other stakeholders in a timely and understandable fashion through the corporate intranet, CareFirst Community website, company-wide or targeted associate email and other electronic, print or multimedia communications. Follows AP style and CareFirst style of written communications. Contributes to development of strategies and plans to communicate key corporate initiatives to associates.
2. Writes, edits, produces and/or distributes other strategic communications as needed – particularly in the event of urgent or crisis situations. This includes the development of communication plans, talking points and emergency communications for internal and external audiences. These are sometimes but not always related to corporate initiatives, company-wide campaigns or community outreach projects, and can include creation of recap reports.
3. Contributes to the editing and production of the Daily Download and Weekly Upload emails for Media Relations and Associate Communications, respectively. May also support editing and production of Community Affairs e-newsletter. Uses news judgment to organize articles in the emails related to their impact on or relevance to associates and other stakeholders. When necessary, writes or edits headlines and teaser text for the purpose of gaining readers’ attention.
4. Works with area’s web developer and IT staff to maintain the corporate intranet as a medium for communicating and archiving CareFirst news and information. Collaborates on design of information that enhances the user’s understanding of the online content. Writes headlines and teaser text that will attract readers’ interest and attention.
5. Assists in gathering, editing and producing visual and audio messages that could be used for the corporate intranet and company’s external websites. This includes, but is not limited to, infographics, photo slideshows, videos and podcasts.
6. Provides communications support when necessary for Media and Community Relations functions. This could include development of press releases, talking points, media advisories and social media posts as well as updating content on the CareFirst Community website.
7. Assists in reviews of content created by other internal teams for publication via email, the corporate intranet, CareFirst community website, or other online or printed communications methods. Also works with interns and other contributing writers for the same purpose.
Department: Associate Communications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/15/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. Requirement may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are used regularly to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted. Travel among CareFirst sites is required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship