Resp & Qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
Under the guidance of the Market Research leadership:
Design and Implement Research Initiatives to Address Critical Business Issues
- Consult with clients directly to determine the appropriate methods and techniques necessary to provide the strategic direction the client seeks.
- Design large-scale, statistically sound research projects, applying industry best practices.
- Implement and manage high quality qualitative or quantitative primary market research studies. This includes developing the analysis plans and designing questionnaires.
- Select outside vendors that will be responsible for field work/data collection, typically through a Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Quote (RFQ) process.
- Maintain a multitude of contacts with research suppliers, technology vendors, BCBSA staff and regulatory agencies to ensure that CareFirst BCBS complies with industry best practices and keeps up with new methodologies in Market Research.
- Manage internal processes to ensure legal, compliance, risk, and security needs are addressed.
- Ensure that projects run smoothly and on-time.
Assess and Communicate Strategic Implications of Primary Research Efforts
- Conduct detailed analyses (using SPSS, Excel, Odin, and other relevant software) and produce reports and presentations summarizing the findings of the analyses.
- Uncover strategically important insights from multiple data sources and distill findings into actionable reports.
- Assess the strategic and tactical implications of each set of findings and make recommendations for corrective actions to CareFirst leadership as necessary.
- Autonomously present research findings companywide via written reports and oral presentations to CareFirst staff, including Marketing staff and executive-level clients.
Oversee Project teams of Primary Market Research Consultants and Support Staff
- Provide ongoing oversight of a project team of consultants from various research vendors being used to collect data for primary research projects.
- Be able to clearly define research objectives, work jointly to resolve any unforeseen problems and to assist project team in managing multiple priorities.
- Autonomously lead projects from inception to successful conclusion.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative/analytical discipline or equivalent work experience is required. Master’s degree in Business, Market Research, or other quantitative discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a market research project management role.
- Aptitude to synthesize and create a cohesive picture from a wide variety of information types and sources.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues and findings in writing and orally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to generate creative ideas and solutions to business issues.
- Experience presenting research findings in-person to managerial or executive level audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver dynamic, engaging, and professional telephone and in-person presentations to executive-level stakeholders.
- Strong analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong time management skills and able to work on multiple tasks or projects concurrently.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver polished, error-free work.
- Demonstrated ability to work both on a team and independently.
- Proficiency in or strong aptitude for working with data and conducting analyses using statistical packages, databases and spreadsheets, e.g. SPSS, R programming language, and/or Excel.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with survey research methods and tools.
Department: Market Research
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/28/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of this position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, handle, and feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 10 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship