Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: This position reports to the HR Client Consultant Manager and provides general support to the HR Operations team in Washington, DC. The function focuses on, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Supports HR Client Consultants in executing human capital management initiatives aligned with the organization’s goals, e.g., handling client requests through timely responses and escalation when needed; drafting, proofreading, and sending approved correspondence; processing HR transactions and documents; interfacing with 3rd party vendors; posting new jobs, coordinating the scheduling of meetings and interviews; and completing any other duties or tasks as requested.
- Develops a working knowledge of HR information databases and company resources.
- Creates HRIS reports and assists with analyzing HR data and shares points of view or recommendations accordingly.
- Acts as point of contact for HR related inquiries from DC associates regarding training offerings, performance management, benefits, associate relations, etc.
- Assists with administrative duties such as answering the telephones, printing and copying required documents, processing HR transactional documents, etc.
- Contributes to planning, promotion, and executing of internal HR events including wellness and diversity and inclusion.
- Must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university either at the senior level or graduate level. Student should be pursuing a BS/BA or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, I/O Psychology, or other related fields.
- This position requires strong PC skills, including knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and various on-line, internet/intranet tools.
- Proven interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Applicants should have good research and analytical skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional behavior and appearance and the ability to work in a team environment or independently if needed are essential.
- Contingent upon business need, candidates must be available to work up to 20 hours per week. Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Knowledge of People Soft system and functions.
- Strong ability to quickly understand and comprehend a situation or inquiry, and accurately evaluate or even recommend an appropriate response.
- Willing to learn and incorporate constructive feedback for developing corporate skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally within the region to other corporate sites.
CareFirst runs a year round internship program. The ideal candidate is someone who can work throughout the year – up to 15-20 hours in the fall AND up to 15-20 hours in the spring AND full time in the summer.
Department: Associate Relations
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/14/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship