Resp & Qualifications
Under the direction of the Enterprise Architecture Director or Enterprise Architecture Manager, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provides architectural vision to appropriately align IT to strategic business needs. Maintains an ongoing partnership with the business to apply in-depth knowledge of the business operations, strategies, priorities and information requirements to establish the technical direction and an enterprise view. Defines enterprise level strategies and technical direction. Defines the system, technical, and application architectures, and in some instances the business systems architecture for major areas of development
2. Ensures appropriate technical standards and procedures are defined. Manages the development of centers of excellence around key technologies. Establishes programs to focus technology research within the division into a cohesive research plan. Ensures best practices are adhered to in the adoption of new technologies. Researches, evaluates and selects from existing and emerging technologies the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs. Leads efforts to catalog and share research results related to current vs. future architecture states.
3. Ensure the delivery process and technology strategies are coherent and optimized. Responsibility to streamline technology infrastructure and ensure the necessary projects are executed to meet business strategies. Oversee the development of future component architectures and migration plans. Oversees the design and delivery of proof-of-concept for new or improved enterprise-wide infrastructure technologies that are used across multiple areas of the CareFirst business.
4. Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness. Establish technical rationale and business case for infrastructure changes. Determines whether a solution architecture variance from standards should be approved, recommended for approval, or rejected. Enforces and reports all variances to technology directions and standards as needed.
5. Multi-project management accountabilities in developing and architecting solutions in a collaborative environment. Architects solutions across multiple hardware/software computing environments and system components. Plans and implements process re-engineering or process improvement.
Travel between CareFirst sites is required.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related IT field or equivalent work experience. Incumbent requires 10+ years of experience in enterprise projects within the architectural domain. This position has significant multi-project management expertise in developing and architecting solutions in a collaborative environment, as well as significant experience in multiple hardware/software computing environments and system components. Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change; business systems analysis experience. Architectural management of multiple core component areas is required, along with migration planning and project management of infrastructure projects. Demonstrated experience in translating business strategies, across several business units, into effective solutions.
The incumbent would interface across several channels, acting as a visionary, to assist, proactively in developing project direction. Possess ability to extract and translate business strategy into architectural requirements. Demonstrate strong personal and organizational leadership skills. Display ability to collaboratively produce quality solutions to organizational needs. Possess strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable with enterprise level decision making and is results oriented. Demonstrate ability to participate and facilitate decision making and anticipate organizational needs. Ability to collaboratively participate in large scale multi-disciplined projects. Ability to design and implement business architecture, processes and strategies. Strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management. Excellent analytical, planning, and communication skills. Act as subject matter expert and mentors less experienced architects. Visionary in anticipating future IT direction and able to communicate that vision to IT and business partners.
Department: Enterprise and Infrastructure
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/10/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship