Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the general supervision of the OCM Program Director, this role will be critical to the development and execution of complex and strategic organizational change management capabilities at CareFirst. Along with the OCM Program Director and other OCM practitioners, this individual will be responsible for interacting with senior level management from all areas of the company to provide organizational change management and business readiness functions as it relates to medium and large-scale enterprise programs. Duties include but are not limited to, the following:
Organizational Change Management Competency Center Support
Support the OCM Program Director to maintain the yearly goals of the OCM Competency Center. Responsibilities include:
- Support the development, maintenance, and execution of the OCM Competency Center structure, core framework, and templates
- Evaluate organizational change management needs for corporate and other initiatives
- Support the development and execution of TOS senior executive level communications
- Work with associate communications, provider relations, corporate training, and Strategic Business Units (SBU) training departments to help coordinate OCM Competency Center objectives and activities
- Work with project teams to develop strategic partnerships with outside vendors and consultants to incorporate industry best practices, trends, processes, and products and services into current Organizational Effectiveness (OE) (focusing primarily in the Operational Change Readiness) / OCM strategies
Corporate Initiative Organizational Change Management Planning
Help plan and scope Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities needed for various CareFirst Corporate Initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Work with TOS and Business Leadership to help scope change management activities needed on various CIs
- Help identify the appropriate vendor team (as needed) and review proposed statements of work
- Work with OCM Lead on each CI to make sure deliverables are completed on time Work with corporate communications, provider relations, and training departments to help enable the CI OCM Team to be successful
Oversee and Manage OCM Scope and Deliverables for Various CareFirst and PMO Initiatives
Work with the OCM Program Director to oversee OCM scope on various CareFirst Corporate Initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and at times (depending on program) develop OCM deliverables such as Change Management Strategy, Stakeholder Analysis, Communication Strategy, Communications Plan, Change Impact Assessment, and Organizational Readiness Assessment
- Review and update (as needed) Communications Strategy and Communications Plan regularly to make sure all key stakeholders are identified and being communicated to
- Support the development and delivery of key executive level communications
- Oversee the OCM resources assigned to the program (preferred vendor or CareFirst (CF) associate) and ensure they are properly utilized to meet the program’s OCM objectives
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Manages independent and preferred contractors - OCM teams as needed on various CIs. Builds strong relationships with CareFirst Divisions: TOS (IT), SBUs, and other business areas – corporate functions such as Finance, Legal, Public Policy, HR, and preferred CareFirst contractors.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Organizational Development or equivalent is required. Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant OCM work experience such as Strategic Communications, Organization Design, (human capital) in a consulting environment (preferably with Big 4); or equivalent internal organizational change management consulting experience at a large organization in support of organizational transformation.
- Proven track record of affecting change large organizations across a range of operational areas to ensure sustainable difference to business operational performance
- Management experience, including accountability for developing plans, and achieving clearly defined outcomes
- Demonstrated success developing strategies which address future organizational effectiveness and culture/engagement opportunities at the enterprise level need to stretch into new roles
- Proven ability to develop change management deliverables, such as: Communications Strategy, Communications Plan, business process documentation, and organizational readiness assessment including Change Impact Analysis,
- Experience using standard organizational change management approaches, tools, and techniques for preparing the organization to adopt changes
- Deep experience using established Organizational Change Management techniques to effectively generate buy-in across a large span of stakeholders
- Strong Project Management skills as it pertains to manage the OCM activities and deliverables
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills
- Ability to develop credibility and rapport with senior executives and manage those relations and expectations
- Highly self-motivated and successful at working in a flexible, constantly changing, and moderately structured work environment
- Good team player willing to participate in collaborative decision-making within and outside area of responsibility, and willing to coach others
- Demonstrate initiative, results orientation, and commitment to continuous improvement
- MBA and/or Master in Organizational Effectiveness, Organizational Strategy / Change Management, Marketing, Business Management, Business Information System, Operational Process Management / Lean Six Sigma, Organizational Strategy / Change Management, or Marketing degrees; or equivalent is required
- Prior experience managing full OCM scope for the full lifecycle of a program and/or OCM work experience such Human Capital, Lean Six Sigma principles, Process Optimization, Business Design, Organizational Effectiveness, in a consulting environment; or equivalent internal organizational change management consulting experience at a large organization in support of organizational transformation.
- Should have direct experience in process field of specialization and extensive knowledge of process management techniques.
- Prosci© OCM Certification
- Prior Health Care Insurance industry exposure is a plus but not necessary Flexibility and adaptability - our OCM practitioners work on everything from design to hands-on solutions delivery and need to stretch into new roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, extensive presentation experience, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management including C-level executives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Visio and/or other industry leading process management tools
- Under the general supervision of the OCM Program Director, this role will be critical to the development and execution of complex and strategic organizational change management capabilities at CareFirst. Along with the OCM Program Director, this individual will be responsible for interacting with senior level management from all areas of the company to provide organizational change management and business readiness functions as it relates to medium and large scale enterprise programs. This individual should have the following:
- Proven track record of affecting change in large organizations across a range of operational areas to ensure sustainable difference to business operational performance
- Demonstrated success developing strategies which address future organizational effectiveness and culture/engagement opportunities at the enterprise level
- Proven ability to develop change management deliverables, such as: end to end business process documentation, , change impact analysis, and organizational readiness assessment / business change readiness
- Experience using standard change management approaches, tools, and techniques for preparing the organization to adopt changes
- Deep experience using established Change Management techniques to effectively generate buy-in across a large span of stakeholders Manage effectively the OCM areas such as Organizational Effectiveness / Operational Readiness Assessment and Business Process Design / Re-engineering (BPR) activities and deliverables
- Conduct operational / business readiness assessments, evaluate findings , and develop recommendations and action plans to ensure business is prepared for upcoming technology changes
- Perform assessment of the existing business processes and environment to identify and prioritize specific business / process improvement areas, and then work with key stakeholders to determine process needs, design and develop new future state “To-Be” processes that incorporate the identified improvements
- Initiation and coordination of process improvement projects.
- Define operational effectiveness approach based on the change readiness assessments, metrics / KPIs to determine if processes are followed and desired program / project results are being met
Department: PMO Program Management - DC
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/29/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship