Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Include but are not limited to:
1. Performs system analysis, designs the technical program specifications for complex programs and modules, codes, tests, debugs, implements and documents the programs in order to find the most efficient technical solution to the requestor’s needs within specified timeframes and available resources.
2. Confers with management to identify requirements(e.g., data, information needs, processing, specific output, functional and development of test data), and determines their desired outcomes in order to formulate the design of the system program and/or offer alternative solutions in a timely manner and with associated estimates of effort level. Provides technical assistance to management of CAAS.
3. Provides automated information gathering support and performs data extraction and data analysis to support AAS internal audit activities (e.g., planning, fieldwork, quantification of exceptions, sampling). Work closely with AAS managers and AGA in the development and maintenance of a Continuous Auditing process to proactively monitor and report on risks, exposure, internal controls and key performance indicators across various areas of the company.
4. Communicates with corporate affiliates and accounts, outside vendors, and other BCBS plans in order to proactively investigate requirements and problems associated with specific designs of programs and processing systems.
5. Provides project management regarding all technical aspects of implemented projects/major programs, which includes: keeping in line with established budgets and timeframes, training end-users on the operational procedures of the system or program.
6. Proactively analyzes and reviews emerging technology, changes in the Insurance/Healthcare industry and the business functions of various clients, in order to determine if the advanced applications fit the needs of Corporate Audit & Assurance strategies, goals and objectives.
Required: This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience and 5-7 years of prior experience in programming with 3rd and 4th generation languages for sub-system business applications, system interfaces and dependencies.
Preferred: Demonstrated proficiency in 4th generation languages such as Easytrieve, or SAS. Proficiency in job control language (JCL) and communication interface language such as TSO/SPF, Microsoft Access (database design) and ACL. Working knowledge of STARS, FileAid, SQL and Microsoft Office 2007.
Department: Special Investigations Unit - Technology and Analysis
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 11/18/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship