Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Requirements Analyst duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those identified in the following table:
- Performs requirements discovery to document the needs of customers and potential stakeholders.
- Participates in business teams with users to understand strategic goals and to understand the customers’ needs as well as the systems functionalities.
- Assists in industry standard requirements elicitation such as Joint Application Development (JAD), interviews, prototyping, and user observation.
- Develops complete, unambiguous description of the solution using use cases, requirements, and business rules that are both verifiable and traceable.
- Communicates with the development and testing team.
- Acts as team member in the requirements traceability such as tracing across the software development lifecycle to ensure that each succinct requirement is met at each step of the lifecycle.
- Uses tools such as Rational Composer or Caliber to store requirements.
- Assists in the creation of requirements repositories to store historical requirements information.
- Performs business support responsibilities and consultation with internal and external customers and any other projects as requested in support of management.
- Works closely with internal and external customers to validate specifications against the customers’ needs to ensure the solution is useable and meets the customers’ needs.
Analysis and Modeling:
- Conducts analysis of existing and new business processes and systems.
- Uses industry best practices and analytical techniques such as:
- State charts,
- Process modeling,
- Decision tree analysis,
- Use cases,
- Functional and non-functional specifications, and
- Data flow diagrams.
- Assists with system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology.
- Analyzes requirement models to increase understanding and uncover potential issues.
- Conducts impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows.
- Builds a knowledge base of business information using various types of models.
- • Assists in the process of documenting and maintaining editorial quality of:
- Business system requirements,
- Use cases ,
- Business work papers, and
- Functional specifications
- These documents will be shared with a broad internal and external audience.
- Creates customizable software product package for use by FEP BCBS Plans.
- Expands knowledge and skills of existing and new business processes, quality assurance, and system development methodologies.
- Expands knowledge of healthcare terminology and industry changes such as ICD-10, healthcare, and SDLC processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field with 3-5 years of requirements management and requirements engineering, OR total equivalent related technical experience.
- Working knowledge of practicing and implementing projects using techniques including:
- State charts,
- Process modeling,
- Decision tree analysis, and
- Data flow diagrams.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
- Technical writing experience and training experience.
- Experience with the health insurance industry, especially with BCBS plans.
- Experience with Requirements Management Tools.
- Knowledge of organization and operations of the business area supporting.
- Knowledge of the CareFirst Defined Processes.
- Prior experience in impact and gap analysis of systems and business process workflows as well as using various types of models and straw man prototypes.
- Prior working knowledge of requirements traceability matrix using software development lifecycle.
- Previous experience with a requirements tool or methodology such as Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Root cause analysis experience.
- Experience accurately estimating resource and cost requirements.
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft® Office®.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to create original concepts and take heuristic approaches to testing/refining existing theories and to develop new system approaches to solve problems and seize opportunities to sustain business success.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Strong management, business planning, and development skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of multiple technologies and tools such as web, mainframe, distributed systems, etc. to support multiple internal and external stakeholders that use those technologies.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Modeling experience.
- Knowledge of FEP organization, operations and business systems.
- Experience with the implementation of a business rules engine and its use in a production environment.
Department: Requirement Release
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8/31/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship