Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the guidance of the Manager the incumbent is responsible for, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participates in designing and defining core reusable assets that support the long-term business strategy for development efforts.
- Completes analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment per the specifications of a project
- Participates in Daily Scrum calls and provides status updates
- Works with Solution Architects and other team members to design optimal solutions.
- Identifies recurring causes for defects and works proactively to resolve issues.
- Ensure proper deployment procedures are being followed in the production environment and maintains proper documentation for the changes going into Production.
- Ensure all project teams code is to CareFirst specifications and ensure proper unit testing is done for all code.
- Look for standardization and reuse opportunities, abstractions and patterns across classes and components to streamline design and development of Data Engineering solutions.
- Ensures applications are designed for optimum performance and provide suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve optimal performance.
- Assists in software development and enterprise integration testing, system (end to end) testing, and problem resolution related to business applications and/or related middleware components.
- Verifies that the Business Requirements as defined in the Project Requirements Document are tested end to end.
- Ensures planning phases include non functional requirements for error handling, service level agreements, capacity planning, and that proper test cases are created.
- Conducts system integration testing according to all baselined project requirements.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Acturial Science, Information Systems, or other related IT field or equivalent work experience plus;
- 10+ years of overall IT programming experience with Java and other Programming languages
- 3+ years of Big Data development and Data Engineering experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience with building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and datasets from both structured and unstructured datasets
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, structures, metadata, accuracy checking, and workload management
- Experience with Java , Python/Scala, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop and other related Big Data technologies
- Experience building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Apache Spark, Flume and Kafka
- Experience tuning Hadoop/Spark parameters to for optimal performance
- Experience with Big Data querying tools including Impala
- Strong communication skills and self-starter mentality and the ability to think outside the box.
Nice to have Skills and Abilities:
- Some Healthcare experience
- Working expereince with Cloudera distribution is highly preferred
- Hbase or other NoSQL DBMS experience
- WebService/API integration
Department: Big Data
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 6/10/19
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 10 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship