Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of Program Director, Procurement Contracts and Governance, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Legal Quality Assurance:
- Ensures all submissions to the Legal department adhere to applicable standards and corporate Legal policies, and are internally consistent and appropriately address legal and risk considerations.
- Provide leadership and direction to department staff to continuously improve sourcing associate contracting quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to SS&P associates to (i) ensure legal and commercial term sufficiency; (ii) resolve significant complex negotiation issues and (iii) act as an effective point of escalation for procurement staff during supplier negotiations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to CareFirst business owners related to complex legal and commercial terms.
Procurement Risk Management:
- Ensures SS&P’s adherence to corporate Risk policies.
- Ensures all contracts adhere to applicable CareFirst Risk standards.
Procurement Contracts Process:
- Ensures SS&P’s use of appropriate contract templates.
- Ensures that all contract projects are undertaken in a way to ensure successful completion of the project using applicable controls and approvals.
- The contracting process is extremely complex today and is growing in complexity daily; this means that creative ways to negotiate are employed to reduce risk and enhance value to CareFirst.
- Ensures staff adherence to Legal and Risk process controls using the Ariba Source-to-Pay system.
Required Knowledge/Experience: This position requires a Juris Doctorate and 5-7 years of experience in corporate contracting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in contract law and negotiation strategy.
- Must exhibit computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Good time management skills, high level of self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Able to apply complex problem solving abilities to achieve problem ad process solutions. Ability to spot, communicate and mitigate issues.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
- Knowledge of current technology trends and their impact on legal and risk requirements and industry best practices (e.g. cloud technology, data privacy, and IT security)
- Knowledge of the FAR.
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Basic understanding of property/casualty/professional liability insurance and risk management principles.
- Knowledge of Ariba or similar procurement automation tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All intern positions will be paid hourly.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/12/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship