Resp & Qualifications
The position acts as a writer, editor and producer of other content for the Associate Communications/Media Relations team in the Marketing, Communications & External Affairs division. This position works primarily within the Media & Community Relations team to develop, execute and evaluate media and community outreach strategies for the purpose of earning media coverage, supporting the Community Affairs team’s messaging to/about our community partners, and building the CareFirst brand among external audiences. This position will:
This position will work with management and other internal clients to craft media and community outreach plans that boost the image of the company in targeted geographic areas and industry segments. The position requires strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of the media industry and nonprofit health community, and ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the supervision of the Manager of Associate Communications & Media Relations, the Senior Multimedia Communications Representative’s accountabilities include but are not limited to:
1. Researches, writes and obtains approvals on press releases to be distributed through the company’s websites, social media platforms, newswires and other channels. Contributes to development of list of company announcements that will be distributed via press release. Coordinates timing of announcements with management and internal clients. Follows AP style and CareFirst style of written communications.
2. Identifies other opportunities to pitch company news, profiles and other information to local/regional/national news media. Identifies and contacts media members who may represent TV, radio, print, online or other news outlets in the CareFirst service area. Works with management to develop pitches and obtain company resources or other information that could enhance the pitch.
3. Handles inquiries from news media received via Media Relations email inbox, social media outreach, phone or other method. Works with management to develop appropriate response to inquiries. May be required to serve as company spokesperson on some topics at press events or in media interactions.
4. Writes, edits, produces and/or distributes other strategic communications as needed – particularly in the event of urgent or crisis situations. This includes the development of communication plans, talking points and emergency communications for internal and external audiences.
5. Contributes to the editing and production of the Daily Download news email and Community e-newsletter. Uses news judgment and institutional knowledge to organize articles in the email related to their impact on or relevance to associates. When necessary, writes or edits headlines and teaser text for the purpose of gaining readers’ attention.
6. Works with team web developer and IT staff to maintain the corporate intranet and CareFirst Community website as the sites for communicating and archiving CareFirst news and information. Responsible for online design of information that enhances the user’s understanding of the online content. Writes headlines and teaser text to gain readers’ interest and attention.
7. Attends events organized/hosted/supported by internal clients (usually Community Affairs) and nonprofit partners for the purpose of developing written, photo, audio, video or other content intended for internal and/or external audiences. Provides social media support at community events, press conferences.
8. Contributes to communicate of key corporate initiatives to internal and external audiences. This could include corporate philanthropic initiatives such as the United Way or community health Requests for Proposals.
FOCUS AREAS: While the position could require competency in all the following areas, the incumbent for this position focuses on Media & Community Relations:
1. Media & Community Relations: Develops and executes media and community relations strategies in consultation with the (Senior) Director of Internal/External Communications, Manager of Associate Communications and Media Relations and members of the company’s Community Affairs team. Responsible for processing media inquiries made to the company through online and other channels. Leads development of press releases, talking points, intranet messages and other written and multimedia content in support of the company’s media relations and community initiatives. Responsible for the coordination and execution of updates made to the CareFirst community website. Supports executive and C-suite level projects that require media and/or community relations expertise.
2. Audio/Video/Photography: Gathers, edits and produces visual and audio messages for the corporate intranet, CareFirst community website and media relations purposes. Periodically provides multimedia project support and consultation to other business units, including Provider Communications in PPCA, as required. Assists in the training of team members on the use of video, audio and photography equipment. Coordinates video/audio projects that require assistance of outside vendor. Supports executive and C-suite level projects that require audio/video expertise.
3. Communications Project Management: Responsible for developing and executing communications plans and strategies to support internal and/or external messaging around corporate initiatives, company-wide campaigns and other projects that require assistance from the Associate Communications/Media Relations team in MCEA. Develops multimedia, online, print and other content needed to effectively communicate to internal and/or external audiences, and delegates similar tasks to members of the Associate Communications/Media Relations team to complete. Supports executive and C-suite level projects that require management of a communications plan.
4. Web & social media strategy: Coordinates the development and execution of web and/or social media strategies that enhance the way Associate Communications/Media Relations team distributes news and other information about the company or its programs, campaigns or other initiatives via the corporate intranet, CareFirst community website or social media channels. May work closely with internal clients (Community Affairs or Marketing, for example) or external partners to plan and develop mini websites and other online messages that identify, inform and engage with targeted internal and/or external audiences. Requires an advanced knowledge of web and social media engagement strategies and technologies. Supports executive and C-suite level projects that require extensive knowledge of online and social media engagement strategies.
Department: Associate Communications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/20/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship