Resp & Qualifications
Under general supervision, the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Pricing/Reserving/Analytics. Utilizing pricing/reserving/reporting tools in order to:
• Support rate filings and rating methods.
• Provide general analysis of historic claim costs and projections.
• Provide sales and underwriting support related to customer requests and proposed benefit changes.
• Demonstrate an understanding of applicable Healthcare Reform laws and regulations.
• Calculate and document incurred but not reported (IBNR) reserves.
• Analyze key drivers of medical trend.
• Effectively and accurate validate external data sources.
• Develop, maintain, and potentially improve standing reports.
• Document assumptions and calculations appropriately.
• Support audit/regulatory requests for documentation or development of assumptions.
• Effectively communicate complex ideas in an easy to consume way, both to actuaries and non-actuaries
• Develop effective non-verbal communication skills to illustrate conclusions, for example graphs in Excel.
• Hold self and others to highest standards of professionalism, including but not limited to communication, documentation, and work product.
• Comply with all applicable Actuarial Standards of Practice.
• Comply with all company policies, including but not limited to policies regarding work and break times, appropriate use of technology, etc.
Required: The Candidate must have a BA or BS degree in mathematics, finance, economics, actuarial science or related degree. Active pursuit of Associate, Society of Actuaries designation required.
This individual must be a self-starter and able to develop and implement solutions to complex problems. Incumbent must have strong PC skills, including Excel and Access. Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and customer service skills are a must. This position requires someone who can work independently in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment. Candidate must also be a fast learner and proactive problem solver. Creativity is desirable.
Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer
Preferred: The Candidate is preferred to have a minimum of 1 Actuarial exam passed.. Candidate is preferred to have 0-2 years of health actuarial experience.
Department: Actuarial Group Pricing
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/4/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship