Resp & Qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Manager of Strategic Provider and Member Health Communications, the incumbent’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategic Communications and Project Management:
Work closely with Medical Management, TCCI program managers, Mandates, Pharmacy, Networks Management, Dental, and other internal stakeholders to develop communication plans and deliverables targeting various internal and external audiences. Acts as the point of contact for the business area to ensure all communications provided are thorough, accurate and timely.
In collaboration with business areas and CareFirst’s Marketing team, develop and execute strategic communication campaigns in support of CareFirst initiatives that impact providers and members.
Develops, executes and measures email marketing campaigns.
Contributes to development of strategies and plans to communicate to providers, office staff and internal CareFirst stakeholders.
Manages the editing and production of electronic newsletters. Follows AP style and CareFirst style of written communications.
Lead the development of print/electronic communications and online resources to assist physicians and members in optimizing the health and well-being of their patients while delivering cost-effective care.
Lead and oversee the development of all written and electronic communications, including interactive newsletters and videos, to inform, engage and support external organization including: hospitals, contracted vendors and various health organizations.
Lead the development of communications with external partners and vendors to include, but not limited to Pharmacy Benefits Manager, Home Based Service Agencies, Community Based Programs, etc. in support of TCCI.
Research, writes, edits and produces communication to provider office staff that promotes enhancements to provider service, technology, products and care management.
Write, edits and/or produces other written communications to providers, including mass mailings, provider emails, customized letters, provider manuals or marketing materials.
Coordinate review and approval process from appropriate departments and ensures team adheres to CareFirst branding guidelines.
Coordinate fulfillment and distribution of mass mailings according to deadline specified and maintains reference file of all mailings and associated costs.
Attend corporate wide project meetings for communication projects, serve as resource to department management regarding the project and preparing documentation and updates as appropriate.
Work with the Strategic Provider and Member Health Communications Manager to plan and execute events such as symposiums, conferences and provider dinners.
Develop SOPs as needed for materials and projects; maintain history of materials including dates and reasons materials were modified or removed from distribution.
Submit requests to Graphics team with all required changes and provide clear direction on copy, branding and overall look and feel of materials. Make sure all changes are completed and accurate.
Leads department radar bullets, reporting and calendars when manager is on PTO or in meetings.
Web Development and Electronic Communications:
Responsible for contributing and reviewing content control on the provider portal including but not limited to: posting newsletters, news flashes, forms, updating provider manuals and updating archives, etc. Work in collaboration with Medical Affairs, Provider Relations, Networks Management, Operations and Customer Service staff to expand provider sections and keep information current. Responsible for revising current materials as needed and auditing materials on a yearly basis.
Manage the development of new provider web pages or other mini sites as directed in support of all initiatives. Emphasis on day-to-day activities will include content editing of written copy to prepare for the web, validation of look and feel, general content edits within content management system (including swapping out PDFs and content changes). Works closely with Senior Web Editor and Web Producer/Front End Developer to ensure day-to-day content edits on CareFirst provider websites are completed in an efficient and effective manner.
Supports general content edits of websites, mini-sites, and applications as required by business areas.
Prepares content in web style format and web testing of team projects and day-to-day activities through use of content management system. Ensures websites are accurately updated and validates all content edits on sites. Reviews peer content updates in TeamSite for deployment.
Assists with web writing and web content edits, preparing written web content in web style format (AP Press Style and standard web writing style) for day-to-day content projects and changes. Responsible for annual audit of print materials and the website.
Ensures all web writing is consistent with the standard “e-writing” guidelines.
Supports Web, Mobile & Emerging Media team to help ensure the site meets usability and Section 508 requirements. Project manages to ensure annual compliance.
Assists with the change process for all content edits on external facing CareFirst websites to ensure that the site’s content is in compliance with current legal and branding regulations.
Leads testing of sites and helps with project testing of the sites as needed.
Supports web content edits by effectively prioritizing day-to-day edits to meet assigned deadlines.
Lead the development of complex email marketing campaigns including segmentation, A/B split testing/metered sends with basic html coding.
Other support tasks related to the development, implementation and maintenance of all external facing CareFirst provider web sites and electronic communication objectives, as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required degree in communications, public relations, journalism, business, marketing or a related field required or equivalent experience. This job requires 5 years of experience or greater in communications, public relations, journalism, business, marketing or a related field.
• Project management experience
• Superior writing talent.
• Skilled at and experienced with written and electronic communications for public relations, marketing or internal communications campaigns.
• Strong organizational / project management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience writing for diverse audiences –A working knowledge of website design, technology, and editing principles.
• This position requires excellent time management skills and attention to details and consistency. Also required are outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work in a team environment.
Additionally, the specific department roles require all or some of the following:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with content management systems (Macromedia Contribute, SharePoint, Team Site, Documentum, etc.) is necessary. Candidate will be required to gain proficiency in Team Site, email marketing databases (Campaigner) and Portal environments after hire.
• Candidate would be required in this position to learn basic web usability methodology and standards, 508-compliance preparation of web content.
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Experience in digital media including e-newsletters, online video, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc. is a plus.
• Working knowledge of graphic design software
• Working knowledge of website design, technology and editing principles.
• The ability to work well independently and as a member of a team.
• The ability to research a topic and summarize key thoughts simply for all audiences.
• Ability to manage multiple day-to-day content editing tasks while effectively communicating to internal team members of the project’s progress and potential problems.
• Ability to understand or quickly learn general concept of content management system when editing carefirst.om/providers and ancillary sites content. The ability to understand basic HTML, CSS and effectively communicate it to the Web, Mobile & Emerging Media team in IT/TOS is essential.
• Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
• Ability to lead and train peers
• Advanced PC skills – including Microsoft Office (Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of PCs and the Internet. Working knowledge of web development software and coding (i.e. Dreamweaver and HTML).
• One-year experience managing content, proofreading, and editing for websites using a content management system.
• Professional writing experience in a corporate/hierarchical environment.
• Demonstrated skill with video and audio production. Experience in the development of health care communication a plus. Working knowledge of the managed care/health insurance/health care industry. Ability to synthesize electronic campaign data and prepare reports required.
• A good understanding of the health care industry and CareFirst policies and procedures are also preferred. Familiarity with social media, computer-based multi-media tools are desirable but not required.
Department: Strategic Provider Communications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/25/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of this position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are used regularly to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Employee should be willing and able to travel to other service areas as required.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship