Resp & Qualifications
PURPOSE: Provides clinical and thought leadership for innovation activities. To include providing clinical consultation to the Healthworx team and to colleagues on the Medical Affairs team, particularly in the areas of value-based health care. Coordinates with other departments and interfaces with internal and external customers.
Healthworx is a vehicle through which CareFirst partners and invests in companies that provide promising new products that have potential to achieve better outcomes on cost and quality of care. These innovative companies help CareFirst improve clinical and operational capabilities, develop new care models, and ultimately provide promising new healthcare solutions for the communities and Members we serve.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the supervision of the CMO
- Serve as a key leader in Healthworx and on the Medical Affairs team;
- Plays a critical role in the identification, design, and piloting of new medical innovations and clinical models to reduce medical expense and improve patient outcomes;
- Provides thought leadership for innovation activities
- Develops and fosters a best-in-class KOL network and represent Healthworx and its partners with key stakeholders in health care;
- Carries out daily clinical, operational and administrative activities for CareFirst;
- Serves as a liaison with other departments and divisions for development and implementation of relevant programs, and pilots;
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations and educational plans to communicate complex concepts to diverse stakeholders internally and externally
- Serves as clinical and administrative resource and consultant for areas of innovation, including value-based care.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: As determined by the VP, CMO.
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school, completion of an American residency program required with postgraduate training.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice experience or equivalent.
- Board Certification
- 3 years of experience in a major consultant firm preferred
- Knowledge of value-based health care
- Strong analytic orientation, with a proven track record of driving insightful findings from quantitative and qualitative data
- Collaborative working style with the ability to navigate diverse stakeholders towards a desired outcome
- Current license to practice in the United States without restriction.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills needed.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Medical Directors
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 12/15/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship