Resp & Qualifications
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the Director, Consumer Direct Communications, Compliance, Finance and Sales Systems, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. CD Communications Oversight: Define and establish standards for all Consumer Direct SBU communications, including effective support of all related projects to ensure compliance to those standards. Provide oversight and accountability for the development and delivery of highly visible, high priority, State and Federally regulated communications; directs the transition of strategies from the idea stage to full scale implementation. Ensure appropriate approval workflow and documentation thereof to meet defined standards and provide auditable artifacts for future reference. Build relationships with CD Business Owners – EAB, Sales, and Service – as well as CD Compliance and Legal to assure an effortless and successful communication development and approval process. Utilize project management skills to drive successful completion of project-based and/or day-to-day communications development, management of schedules, risks and issues to meet necessary deadlines and regulatory requirements. Escalate issues as required to gain necessary support to meet business needs in a highly regulated environment.
2. ACA Renewals Oversight: Provides strategic direction, program management and leadership in defining and supporting the ACA product sales, renewal and communication processes required to meet segment contract goals. This includes (1) strategic vision, development of communication plans and implementation of communications directly to our customers; (2) mandated product template generation; (3) scheduling oversight and coordination with CD EAB Mandates team, and (4) timely delivery of all communications to meet Federal and State regulations. Direct the development of tools necessary to support the complex development of ACA Renewal Communications. Collaborate with CD EAB Mandates team to manage ACA schedule, monitoring of risks and development of contingency plans, as needed.
3. CD Communications Technology Oversight: Direct the development of technology-based strategies to provide methodical, accurate and repeatable processes that support the successful delivery of approved communications to meet regulatory timelines. Provide ongoing day-to-day systems support for communication technologies utilized to implement and deliver Consumer Direct operational and renewal communications. In aggregation with IT Document Automation Team, oversee business usage of CareFirst Document Writer (CDW) to implement communication set-up and participate in corporate-wide business teams to support improvement of CDW. Promote orderly usage of the Consumer Direct Renewals (CDR) letter-based system functionality through the management of and/or participation in cross-functional teams, to include CD SBU teams – EAB, OTS, Service and Projects, as well as CareFirst IT support. Facilitate all validation activities related to deploying letters through the CDR system. Administer Sales validation and approval process for all letters. Act as business owner of CDR, supporting all business activities and improvements that drive accurate communication validation and delivery procedures. Develop and maintain a Sharepoint tool to track all communication development, reviews and approvals.
4. Project Support: Manage participation of CD Communications team in implementation of new and ongoing product and system initiatives. Build relationships with IT, Mandates, Strategic Marketing, Marketing Communications, Underwriting, Contracting and Compliance, Legal and other internal/external partners to ensure that project communication deliverables are met. Negotiate with other departments to obtain necessary support to meet goals. Coordinate with CD business owners to ensure accurate development of project-required communications and facilitate discussions between project, business, Legal and Compliance teams.
5. Lead, challenge and motivate a diverse staff to obtain their full potential. Provide direction and prioritization support in order to manage allocation of resources to meet work fluctuations. Review staffing goals and expectations to ensure that each is consistent and adequate to meet department goals. Accountable to drive the performance assessment of all direct reports, generate development plans and sets goals within the context of the corporate policy. Provide coaching, counseling and motivation to team members ensuring staff has the appropriate tools and training.
Manages a staff of 4-8 direct reports, including Communication Project Manager(s), Communication Project Analyst(s), CD Writer(s) and/or Project Manager(s).
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field, or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 5 total years communications, marketing, sales or project experience, including 1-3 years management experience; preferred within a health care setting. In lieu of a degree, an additional 4 years of experience is required.
• Must have proven project management and critical thinking skills, including one-year project management experience.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet project goals and deadlines.
• Requires management skills to plan and control multiple complex activities, to manage issues within the department, and to lead and motivate staff.
• Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and must be able to build relationships/alliances both inside and outside the organization to accomplish objectives.
• Must be capable of developing partnerships and relationships with internal and external colleagues, clients and vendors.
• Working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act and impacts within the Individual/Consumer Direct segment of the insurance industry.
• Background in meeting and understanding regulatory requirements for health insurance/care-based organizations and/or experience in a highly-regulated industry.
This position requires communication, project management, associate management, and risk analysis skills. The individual must have highly developed analytical skills, and the ability to develop and implement policies and programs that will advance corporate and operational goals and objectives. Excellent planning, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage a staff through leadership and the promotion of teamwork are essential. The incumbent must possess highly developed written and oral communication skills to effectively convey complex and detailed concepts to a diverse audience, including senior level stakeholders. The incumbent must possess extremely well developed organizational and prioritization skills.
Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends is required.
Department: Consumer Direct Communications
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/27/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship