Resp & Qualifications
Process and System Improvement:
• Establishes and communicates a clear vision for the Source-to-Pay processes and systems across the organization.
• Actively engages and leads the company’s business units and impacted functions to adopt and embrace globally standardized procurement processes.
• Drives the transformation of the company’s Source-to-Pay processes and is the primary decision-maker for the standards applied to these processes.
• Stays abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace and regularly informs the department of strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Oversees work with Procurement, AP, Accounting and IT to manage on-going data expansion/integrity needs for data analysis, reporting systems, and systems integration improvement across functions.
Planning and Execution:
• Develops and translates the overall transformation strategy into operational goals, objectives, and process roadmaps and identifies necessary resources (people and capital) to support the implementation of these strategies.
• Oversees the data management of all CareFirst contracts including ensuring all contract workspaces are accurate and published in a timely manner.
• Ensures timely and accurate assignment of new procurement requests and renewals.
• Ensures accurate contract orders and purchase orders are executed for all procurement transactions.
• Monitor and provide senior management reporting on usage of Source-to-Pay systems, cycle times, and process control points and implement plans for improving system usage/value.
• Implement processes/controls that ensure invoices (and invoicing issues) are processed accurately in partnership with Accounts Payable and business stakeholders.
• Support cost savings initiatives as well as data and spend analysis needs of SS&P leadership and sourcing associates.
• Provide accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholder groups.
Associate Management, Stakeholder Engagement and Training:
• Consistently oversees development of and updates to department and stakeholder training materials and communication programs.
• Consistently oversees development of and updates to department standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies and the FAR.
• Drives deployment and adoption of standardized Source-to-Pay processes within the department and across business units.
• Deliver ongoing training to internal and external stakeholder groups, including new hire training, day to day operational issues, updates, etc.
• Motivate, coach and develop associates for growth in skill development.
• Lead staff performance plans and reviews on an annual basis.
• Proactively track RFx pipeline and ensure diverse suppliers are included for consideration wherever possible.
• Ensure monthly diverse supplier reporting to internal and external stakeholder groups.
Total number of direct reports: 2
Total staff managed: 5
Required: This position requires (i) a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience, and (ii) over 10 years of experience in procurement and supply chain processes and systems, including 5 plus years of progressively responsible management experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/31/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship