Resp & Qualifications
Detailed Cost Analysis:
- Analyze supplier quotations by performing detailed total cost analyses to establish savings and cost avoidance targets, goals and recommendations to sourcing associates and business owners.
- Support supplier negotiations by participating in the development of the company’s pre-negotiation position, conducting fact-finding of cost issues (including current state total cost models), and developing and documenting cost analysis updates and cost tracking during negotiation sessions.
- Develop and manage cost analysis tools and guidance for sourcing and procurement associates.
- Analyze existing corporate spend to identify continuous cost improvement and reduction opportunities (pricing, spend consolidation, quality, and delivery).
- Apply continuous improvement methods to work steps or processes by identifying areas for improvement, and developing and implementing the process for improvement.
Supplier Evaluation Analysis:
- Support the design and continuous improvement of supplier selection/rating methodology.
- Facilitate and support usage of supplier selection/rating methodology throughout the department.
Required: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience; and a minimum of five (5) years strategic procurement or Financial Planning & Analysis and business analysis experience including three (3) years’ experience utilizing cost and price estimating techniques and methods, (e.g. improvement curve analysis, weighted guidelines, parametric modeling, and statistical estimates).
- Must have knowledge of software licensing and outsourcing agreements with demonstrated ability to research and evaluate potential suppliers and to determine product cost pricing for systems and professional services.
- Must be able to prepare written reports and analysis, draft procedures, and to make spend and cost reduction recommendations.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Expertise in Excel, financial modeling, cash flow valuation, scenario/sensitivity analysis, and ROI, NPV, and IRR analyses.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of cross-functional team highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and articulate ideas, financial results, and actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done, and commitment to challenging the status-quo to make things better.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project & time management skills including but not limited to risk assessment, workplan development and management.
- Developed analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills to interface with all levels of management and suppliers.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 10/31/2018
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly to Federal health care programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The employee is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The employee must frequently talk and hear. Weights of up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship